ALLEVYN Gentle Border
The dressing consists of a highly absorbent hydrocellular foam pad held between a perforated wound contact layer which is coated with a soft silicone gel adhesive and a highly permeable outer top film.
ALLEVYN Gentle Border achieves its benefits of easy application and removal and the ability to repositioning through an adhesive technology based on a soft silicone gel.
The ALLEVYN Gentle Border range has been designed for people with particularly sensitive or fragile skin. These dressings have a soft silicone gel adhesive which minimises trauma to the wound at dressing change, helping to avoid patient pain without compromising care.
- ALLEVYN triple-action technology maintains the optimal balance in fluid for moist wound healing.
- Conformable dressing providing comfort for the patient.
- Minimises trauma and pain during dressing change.
- Easy to apply and remove the dressing can be re-positioned easily without losing its adherent properties.
- Showerproof dressing allowing patients to shower with the dressing in place.
- Available in a range of shapes and sizes - squares, rectangles and a range of shapes for dressing awkward areas.
Allevyn have collaborated with clinicians and patients to develop a unique range of ALLEVYN Gentle Border dressings designed especially for the contours of the human body.
ALLEVYN Gentle Border dressings are indicated for use on:
- Shallow, granulating wounds
- Chronic and acute exudative wounds
- Full and partial thickness wounds such as pressure ulcers, leg ulcers and diabetic foot ulcers
- Infected wounds
- Malignant wounds
- Surgical wounds
- First and second degree burns
- Donor sites
- Oncological wounds
- Epidermolysis bullosa wounds