Difflam Oral Rinse Mouthwash 300ml
Difflam Oral Rinse is an anti-inflammatory mouthwash that reduces pain and swelling to treat mouth, throat, and dental pain or discomfort.
Difflam Oral Rinse works by stopping pain and swelling (inflammation). It is used to treat many painful conditions of the mouth or throat including:
- Mouth ulcers
- Sore throat
- Discomfort associated with dentures or dental work.
A locally acting analgesic and anti-inflammatory treatment for the mouth and throat; Difflam can be used in traumatic conditions such as tonsillectomy, use of a nasogastric tube or dental surgery, or inflammatory conditions such as pharyngitis, aphthous ulcers, and oral ulceration due to radiation therapy.
- Always use Difflam Oral Rinse exactly as your pharmacist has told you. You should check with your doctor, dentist or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- If you get Difflam Oral Rinse in your eyes
- Do not use Difflam Oral Rinse in or near your eyes. If any Oral Rinse gets in your eyes, wash them immediately with cold water.
How to use
Adults, adolescents and elderly: The usual dose is 15 ml of solution to be used every 1½ to 3 hours. Use the measuring
cup provided to measure the dose.
Children: This medicine is not suitable for children aged 12 years or under.
- The solution should be rinsed around the mouth or used as a gargle for 20 to 30 seconds and then spat out.
- This solution should not be swallowed.
- This solution should not be used for more than 7 days unless your doctor or dentist tells you to.
- Contact your doctor or dentist if your symptoms worsen or they do not improve.
- Do not use Difflam Oral Rinse if you are allergic to benzydamine hydrochloride or if you are allergic to any of the other ingredients of Difflam Oral Rinse.
- If either of these applies to you, talk to your doctor, dentist or pharmacist.
- Tell your doctor, dentist or pharmacist before using Difflam Oral Rinse if you are taking any other medicines, even medicines obtained without a prescription.
- Do not use If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant or breast-feeding unless specifically advised by your doctor or dentist
- This product contains only a small amount of ethanol (alcohol). Each 15 ml of solution contains 1.5 ml of ethanol.
If this solution stings your mouth, the next dose can be diluted with some water to reduce this effect.
If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in the leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not use Difflam Oral Rinse after the expiry date on the bottle. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
Store in an upright position. Do not store above 30 °C. Do not store in the refrigerator or freezer. If you store the product without the original carton, make sure it is kept out of direct sunlight.
The active substance is benzydamine hydrochloride. Each 15 ml contains 22.5 mg benzydamine hydrochloride.
The other ingredients are ethanol, glycerol, saccharin sodium, mouthwash flavour 52 503/T, polysorbate 20, methyl hydroxybenzoate, Quinoline Yellow (E104) and Patent Blue V (E131), purified water.