Daktacort Hydrocortisone Cream
Daktacort Hydrocortisone Cream can be used to treat athlete's foot and inflamed sweat rash in adults and children aged 10 years and over.
Due to a recent surge in orders for this product, please note Daktacort HC cream cannot be purchased for the following use over the counter as well as the reasons stated further down
- Use in the anal or genital region
For Jocks Itch or Sweat Rash in the genital area, please see Canesten HC Cream
Directions:Adults and children aged 10 years and over:
- Put a small amount of the cream on the affected area and surrounding skin twice daily.
- Rub it in gently until the cream has disappeared.
- Unless the infected skin is on your hands, wash your hands carefully after applying the cream to avoid spreading the infection to other parts of the body or to other people. Similarly, clothing which comes into contact with the infected areas, such as socks, should be washed and changed frequently.
- As may skin infections are conditions are contagious, you should keep a towel and flannel for your own use and not share it so that you do not infect anyone else.
Do not use more than the stated dose. Do not use for more than 7 days. If symptoms persist talk to your doctor.
- Do not let the cream get into your eyes. Rinse with water straight away.
- If you experience any irritation or sensitivity to the cream, stop using this medicine.
- Do not use for more than 7 days.
- Benzoic acid (E210) can mildly irritate the skin, eyes and mucosal membranes.
- Butylated hydroxyanisole (E320) may cause local skin reactions (e.g. contact dermatitis), or irritation to the eyes and mucous membranes.
Do not use Daktacort Hydrocortisone Cream - Please read carefully before purchasing
- If you have ever had a bad reaction to any of the ingredients.
- If you have any other skin problems such as cold sores, acne, herpes, chicken pox, or shingles.
- If your skin is broken.
- On large areas of your body or under dressings.
- For more than 7 days.
- On your face, eyes or mucous membranes.
- On the anal or genital area, unless your doctor has told you to.
- If it is for a child under 10 years of age, unless your doctor has told you to.
- To treat ringworm, unless your doctor has told you to.
- To treat any other infections which occur as a result of your original infection, unless your doctor has told you to.
- Active Ingredients (per 1g): Miconazole nitrate 20mg and Hydrocortisone acetate equivalent to Hydrocortisone 10mg.
- Other Ingredients: Macrogol 6-32 stearate, glycol stearate, oleoyl macrogolglycerides, liquid paraffin, butylhydroxyanisole, benzoic acid, disodium edetate, sodium hydroxide and purified water.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Daktacort Hydrocortisone Cream:
- If you are taking oral anticoagulants (drugs used to thin the blood, such as warfarin).
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
Free standard UK Delivery on all orders over £40