Buccastem M Buccal Tablets (8)
Buccastem M Buccal Tablets are an effective treatment for nausea and vomiting associated with migraine. They contain the active ingredient prochlorperzne maleate and should only be used for previously diagnosed migraine.
You must follow the instructions in the leaflet or as your doctor, pharmacist or nurse has given you about how much and when to take Buccastem M Buccal Tablets.Adults aged 18 years and over only:
- NOT suitable for use in pregnancy
- The usual dosage is one or two tablets twice a day for a maximum of 2 days.
- Place the tablet high up along your top gum, under the upper lip either side of your mouth. The tablet must not be swallowed whole or chewed.
- The tablet will soften and adhere to the gum. Allow it to dissolve slowly and completely - this may take between 1 and 2 hours. Most people find that after a few minutes they no longer notice the tablet.
- The tablet should not be moved about the mouth with the tongue as this will cause it to dissolve too quickly.
- If you wear dentures, the tablet may be placed in any comfortable position between your lipand gum.
- It is best taken after meals.
- Active Ingredient:prochlorperzne maleate 3mg.
- Other Ingredients: Compressible sugar (sucrose), povidne K30, xanthan gum, locust bean gum, talc, magnesium stearate and riboflavin sodium phosphate.
- Do not drink alcohol when taking the Buccastem M Buccal Tablets as it may interact this medicine.
- Buccastem M Buccal Tablets can cause drowsiness so avoid driving or using dangerous machines until you know how the tablets affect you.
- Buccastem M Buccal Tablets contains sucrose. Contact your doctor before taking this medicinal product If you have an intolerance to some sugars.
Do not take Buccastem M Buccal Tablets if you:
- Are allergic (hypersensitive) to prochlorperznemaleate or any of the other ingredients.
- Are pregnant, or you think you might be pregnant, or breastfeeding.
- Have problems with your liver.
- Have blood problems.
- Are epileptic or have Parkinson's or glaucoma.
- Have problems with prostate glands.
- Are under 18 years of age.
You should ask your doctor or pharmacist before taking Buccastem M Buccal Tablets if:
- You are elderly.
- You have risk factors for a blood clot such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels, diabetes or smoking.
- Someone else in your family has a history of blood clots, as medicines like these have been associated with formation of blood clots.
- You are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including those obtained over the counter, particularly if you are already taking sedatives or tranquilisers, or you are being treated for high blood pressure (hypertension).
Free standard UK Delivery on all orders over £40