Buscopan IBS Pain Relief Tablets
Please note there is a maximum of 2 packs per order
Buscopan IBS Relief Tablets contain an antispasmodic and are used to relieve painful colicky aching and spasm in the bowel associated with IBS.
What is IBS?
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (often just called IBS), the muscles of the bowel appear to be very sensitive to factors such as emotional stress and anxiety, or food intolerance. This sensitivity can cause painful cramps or spasms in the bowel, which are short-lived (bouts, rarely lasting more than a day or so), with an accompanying bloated feeling, excess wind and abdominal discomfort. Sometimes IBS causes periods of diarrhoea or constipation.
Always take this medicine exactly as your pharmacist or doctor has told you. You should check with them if you are not sure. Buscopan IBS Relief Tablets should not be taken continuously for more than two weeks. Talk to your pharmacist or doctor if you develop symptoms or if your symptoms get worse or have not improved over two weeks.
Adults and children 12 years or over:
- Start by taking 1 tablet 3 times a day.
- You can increase your dose to a maximum of 2 tablets four times a day, if needed.
- Swallow the tablet whole with water. Do not crush or chew the tablet
Active Ingredients: Hyoscine Butylbromide 10mg
Other Ingredients: Calcium Hydrogen Phosphate, Maize Starch, Soluble Starch, Colloidal Silica, Tartaric Acid, Stearic Acid, Sucrose, Talc, Acacia, Titanium Dioxide, Macrogol 6000, Carnauba Wax, White Beeswax and Povidone.
Some people may have temporary blurring of vision while taking this medicine. If this happens to you, wait until your vision returns to normal before driving or using any tools or machines.
Do not take Buscopan IBS Relief Tablets if:
- You are allergic to hyoscine butylbromide or any of the other ingredients.
- You are intolerant to or cannot digest some sugars (as the tablet coating contains a small amount of sucrose).
- You have glaucoma (an eye problem).
- You have megacolon (a very enlarged bowel).
- You have something called 'myasthenia gravis' (a very rare muscle weakness problem).
- You are pregnant, likely to get pregnant, or are breastfeeding.
- You are under 12 years of age.
Check with your pharmacist or doctor before taking Buscopan IBS Relief Tablets if:
- You are 40 years or over and it is some time since your last attack of IBS or the symptoms are different this time.
- You have recently passed blood from the bowel.
- You have severe constipation.
- You are feeling sick or vomiting.
- You have lost your appetite or lost weight.
- You have difficulty or pain passing water (urine).
- You have a fever.
- You have recently travelled abroad (in case you have picked up a stomach bug).
- You have a very fast heart rate or other heart problems.
- You have been treated by a doctor for a severe sweating problem.
You are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained over the counter. This includes herbal medicines. This is because Buscopan IBS Relief Tablets can affect the way some other medicines work, and some other medicines can affect the way Buscopan IBS Relief Tablets work. In particular, tell your pharmacist or doctor if you are taking any of the following medicines:
- Antihistamines - used to treat hayfever and other allergies.
- Tetracyclic or tricyclic medicines - used to treat depression and some types of pain.
- Antipsychotic medicines such as butyrophenones or phenothiazines - used to treat severe mental illness such as schizophrenia.
- Dopamine antagonists such as metoclopramide for feeling sick.
- Beta 2 adrenergic medicines such as salbutamol inhalers for asthma.
- Quinidine or disopyramide – used to control your heart beat.
- Amantadine – used for Parkinson's disease and flu.
- Anticholinergic medicines such as tiotropium, ipratropium or atropine-like medicines - usually inhaled to treat breathing problems
Check with your pharmacist or doctor straight away if you have unexplained abdominal pain which persists or worsens or occurs with any of the below:
- Feeling sick
- Being sick
- Changes in your bowel movements
- Abdominal tenderness
- Low blood pressure
- Feeling faint
- Blood in your bowel movements
Free standard UK Delivery on all orders over £40