Canesten Dermatological Spray
Canesten Dermatological Spray is a cooling spray that is applied directly to the skin to treat fungal skin infections such as ringworm, athlete's foot, jock itch and fungal sweat rash and is particularly useful for infections covering large, hairy or hard to reach areas.
The active ingredient in Canesten Dermatological Spray is clotrimazole, an antifungal agent which fights the cause of fungal skin infections.
- If the feet are infected, they should be washed and dried thoroughly, especially between the toes, before applying the spray.
- Canesten Dermatological Spray should be applied to the affected areas two or three times daily, from a distance of about 6 inches.
- The duration of the treatment depends upon the type of infection. Generally a minimum of two weeks is required, although up to four weeks may be necessary.
- If you have athlete's foot, it may help to use an antifungal dusting powder as well. Ask your doctor or pharmacist to recommend one.
The symptoms of skin infection, such as itching or soreness, should improve within a few days of treatment although signs such as redness and scaling may take longer to disappear. If symptoms persist, consult your doctor.
- Active Ingredient: Clotrimazole 1% w/v.
- Other Ingredients: Isopropyl alcohol, propylene glycol and macrogol 400.
- Avoid contact with eyes, ears, nose and mouth.
- Do not inhale the spray.
- Do not spray near a naked flame.
- Canesten Dermatological Spray contains propylene glycol which may cause skin irritation (e.g. rash, itching or redness) in some people.
- If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or trying for a baby, tell your doctor or midwife before using Canesten Dermatological Spray. If you have informed your doctor or midwife already, follow his/her instructions carefully.
Do not use Canesten Dermatological Spray:
If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to clotrimazole or any of the other ingredients.
Free standard UK Delivery on all orders over £40