Canesten Dual Action Cream
Canesten AF Dual Action Cream helps soothe symptoms of athlete’s foot and provides antifungal and antibacterial treatment right at the site of the infection. It contains 1% of the active ingredient Clotrimazole.
What is Athlete’s Foot?
Athlete’s foot is a fungal skin infection that typically appears between the toes, soles, and sides of the feet. It causes symptoms of redness, skin itching, burning, pain, and scaling.
Athlete’s foot may be spread from person to person through contact with contaminated objects and floors.. Studies suggest that 1 in 4 people are susceptible to it.
Treatment for irritating symptoms
The condition can be treated with antifungal medications like Canesten AF Dual Action Cream, which kill fungi and yeasts by interfering with their cell membranes. It stops the fungi from producing a substance called ergosterol, an essential component of fungal cell membranes. This kills the fungi and treats the infection.
- If the feet are infected, they should be washed and dried thoroughly, especially between the toes, before applying the cream
- Canesten Dual Action Cream should be applied thinly and evenly to the affected areas two or three times daily and rubbed in gently.
- A strip of cream (1/2 cm long) is enough to treat an area of about the size of the hand.
- The treatment should be continued for at least one month to prevent re-infection.
If you have athlete's foot, it may help to use an antifungal dusting powder as well. Ask your doctor or pharmacist to recommend one.
The symptoms of skin infection, such as itching or soreness, should improve within a few days of treatment although signs such as redness and scaling may take longer to disappear. If symptoms do not improve within 7 days, consult your doctor.
- Active Ingredients (per 1g): Clotrimazole 1% w/w.
- Other Ingredients: Benzyl alcohol, polysorbate 60, sorbitan stearate, cetyl palmitate, cetostearyl alcohol, octyldodecanol and purified water.
- If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or trying for a baby, tell your doctor or midwife before using Canesten Dual Action Cream. If you have informed your doctor or midwife already, follow his/her instructions carefully.
- This product contains cetostearyl alcohol which may cause local skin reactions (e.g. rash, itching or redness).
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to clotrimazole or any of the other ingredients, including cetostearyl alcohol.
- To treat nail or scalp infections.
Free standard UK Delivery on all orders over £40