What is Covonia Mucus Cough Syrup?
Covonia Mucus Cough Syrup is a traditional herbal remedy for mucus coughs and colds, based on traditional use. It provides effective relief of excess congestion in the nose and throat and helps to remove phlegm to ease discomfort caused by chesty coughs. The effective formula contains natural ingredients and is easy to administer, for a quick and simple solution for uncomfortable mucus coughs. If you’re looking for effective relief from chesty mucus coughs, try Covonia Mucus Cough Syrup.
What causes a cough?
A cough is a reflex that helps to clear your airways of irritants such as dust, smoke and mucus. There are many different reasons why you may be experiencing a cough and it is rarely a sign of something serious.
Common causes of occasional coughs are:- An upper respiratory tract infection (URTI) such as cold, flu, laryngitis, sinusitis or whooping cough
- A lower respiratory tract infection (LRTI) that affects your lungs or lower airways such as acute bronchitis or pneumonia
- An allergy, such as allergic rhinitis or hay fever
- A flare-up of long term conditions such as asthma
- After inhalation of dust or smoke
Common causes of long-term coughs:- A long term respiratory tract infection
- An allergy
- Postansal drip
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
- Some prescribed medicines
How can Covonia Mucus Cough help to relieve chesty coughs?
Covonia Mucus Cough syrup contains liquorice and squill which belong to a group of medicines known as expectorants. They work by helping to remove phlegm in people with chesty coughs. Covonia Mucus cough also contains menthol which helps to relieve congestion in chesty coughs and bronchitis. These ingredients work together to remove the phlegm that is causing your uncomfortable chesty cough, helping you to breathe easier.
How to Use:
This medicine is for oral use only.
Adults, the elderly and children over 12 years of age: take 1-2 5ml spoonfuls every 4 hours if required.
Children aged 5-12 years: Take one 5ml spoonful every 4 hours if required.
Do NOT give to children under the age of 5 unless instructed by a doctor
If symptoms persist or worsen, seek advice from your doctor
When not to use this product
Do not use this product if you are allergic to any of the ingredients (see ingredients tab for full list) or if you:- Have any type of heart complaint
- Are an alcoholic
- Have breathing difficulties
- Have raised pressure in your head
- Have heart, liver or kidney problems
Speak to your doctor if you or your child are taking:- Carbenoxolone for a stomach ulcer
- Medicines which help to remove fluids from the body
- Are pregnant or breast feeding
Like all medicines, Covonia Chesty Cough Syrup can have side effects, although not everyone will experience them. Possible side effects include:- Allergic reactions, such as dermatitis, skin rash, flushing and itchy lumps
- Higher sodium salt and water levels within the body
- Low blood potassium levels within the body - unbalanced potassium and sodium levels may produce side effects of muscle weakness, confusion and disorientation and irregular heartbeat
- Gastrointestinal reactions, such as abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhoea
If you notice any of these or any other side effects, discontinue use and speak to your doctor or a pharmacist.
This product is a medicine; make sure to speak to your doctor or pharmacist before taking this product if you have an underlying medical problem or are taking any other medicine or complementary therapy. If your symptoms get worse or continue after taking this product, contact us or your doctor.
If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, speak to your doctor or our pharmacist before taking this product. If you suffer from any allergies, ask your doctor or our pharmacist if this medicine is right for you.
Store all medicines out of sight and reach of children.
Please read the included leaflet carefully before using this product.
Please contact your GP if appropriate regarding this product.
Free standard UK Delivery on all orders over £40