Dakatrn Athletes Foot Cream - 30g
Dakatrn Aktiv cream is suitable for athlete's foot which is often accompanied by sore, cracked skin. It has a Aktiv, anti-fungal/anti-bacterial agent that fights the infection. Signs and symptoms of athlete's foot often include:
- Cracking and peeling of skin between the toes
- Areas of white, dead skin
- Moistness or blistering
- Itching or soreness
What causes athlete's foot?
Athlete's foot is a fungal infection of the foot caused usually by one of 3 different types of fungi. As it is not usually known which of these fungi has caused your athlete's foot, you need a treatment, such as Daktarin Aktiv cream or Daktarin Gold, which is effective against all the types of fungi that can cause athlete's foot.
When and how should I treat it?
You should treat athlete's foot as soon as you notice the first signs of infection. The skin often becomes inflamed and itchy with areas ofdead skin', moistness or blistering and cracking or peeling. It is important to treat the infected area quickly and thoroughly. Daktarin offers a range of anti-fungal sprays, creams and powders that can be used to treat athlete's foot. Click here to find out more about the Daktarin range of products.
How can I prevent re-infection?
Even if you've got rid of your athlete's foot, it is very easy to re-infect yourself. It is important to remember that the fungi that cause athlete's foot thrive in warm, moist conditions. Therefore, it is important to dry thoroughly after bathing, particularly between your toes. The fungi can live in your shoes, socks and on your towels if you don't change them regularly enough. You should wear good quality cotton socks that allow your feet to breath and make sure you wash them at 60 deg C to destroy fungal spores. Daktarin Aktiv spray powder can also be sprayed onto your feet, socks and in your shoes to help prevent re-infection.
Adults and children
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Hazards and Cautions
Please keep out of the sight and reach of children.
Do not use Daktarin Aktiv Cream
- If you think that you may have had an allergic reaction to any form of Daktarin, any of the inactive ingredients, or a similar antifungal in the past.
- An allergic reaction may be recognised as a rash or itching at the site of infection which gets worse after applying the cream.
- Talk to your pharmacist or doctor before using the cream if this applies to you. They will then decide whether Daktarin Aktiv Cream is suitable for you.
Do not put Daktarin Aktiv Cream into the eyes - it is for use on the skin.
Pregnancy and breast feeding:
If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breast feeding, you should talk to your doctor who will decide if you can use Daktarin Aktiv
If you are taking certain medicines that are used to slow down blood clotting, contact your doctor who may wish to check they are working correctly.
Daktarin Aktiv Cream is usually well tolerated. Occasionally, irritation of the skin may occur. If the irritation is severe, stop using the cream and
talk to your doctor.
Very rarely, a severe allergic reaction may occur. If you develop swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat, generalised itch and difficulty
breathing, stop using the cream and contact your doctor immediately.
In very rare cases, rash, itching, redness swelling or a burning feeling can occur. If these follow each application may indicate an allergy to the
medicine in which case you should stop using it.
If your medicine affects you in any other way, you should tell your doctor or pharmacist.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Free standard UK Delivery on all orders over £40