Hirudoid Gel helps to heal bruising and relieve pain and inflammation associated with superficial thrombophlebitis (inflammation of the veins).
The active ingredient heparinoid helps to improve circulation after bruising or soft tissue injuries by dissolving small blood clots and improving the blood supply to the skin.
- Always use exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Before use, pierce the tube seal with the spiked top of the cap.
- The amount of Gel you use will depend on the size of the area being treated.
- Between 2 and 6 inches (5-15 cm) of Gel should be gently massaged into the affected area at any one time.
- You can apply Hirudoid Gel up to four times a day.
- Do not exceed this dose.
- If the area is tender to touch, you can massage the Gel into the skin surrounding the affected area.
- Remember to wash your hands after applying Hirudoid Gel, unless this is the area being treated.
- Active Ingredient: Heparinid 0.3% w/w.
- Other Ingredients: Anhydrous Eucerin , Emulsifying Cetostearyl Alcohol Type A, Glycerol, Isopropyl Alcohol, Methyl Parahydroxybenzoate (E218), Myristyl Alcohol, Potassium Hydroxide, Propyl Parahydroxybenzoate (E216), Purified Water, Stearic Acid and Thymol.
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine.
- Hirudoid Gel is for external use only. Do not swallow.
- Do not exceed the dose stated.
- Talk to your doctor if your signs of injury or illness do not improve or get worse.
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines.
- Hirudoid Gel contains cetostearyl alcohol This may cause local skin reactions (for example contact dermatitis).
- Hirudoid Gel contains the preservatives propyl parahydroxybenzoate (E216) and methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E218). These ingredients may cause allergic reactions (possibly delayed).
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to any of the ingredients of Hirudoid Gel.
- If you have broken skin, or on large areas of skin.
- On or near sensitive areas such as the mouth, eyes or ano-genital regions.
- On children under the age of 5 years old.
Free standard UK Delivery on all orders over £40