Paracetamol Six Plus Suspension 250mg/5ml Sugar Free
BRAND SUPPLIED MAY VARY
Paracetamol Suspension 250mg/5ml contains paracetamol to relieve pain and / or bring down fever in a range of conditions including cold and flu, headache, toothache, earache, post-immunisation fever, sore throat and other aches and pains.
Suitable for children aged 6 years and over, as well as adults.
The doses below can be given up to 4 times per day, leaving at least 4 hours between doses.
- Children aged 6-8 years: 5ml
- Children aged 8-10 years: 7.5ml (5ml + 2.5ml)
- Children aged 10-12 years: 10ml (5ml + 5ml)
- Children aged 12-16 years:10-15ml (Two to three 5ml doses)
- Adults and children over 16 years: 10-20 ml (Two to four 5 ml doses)
Do not give this medicine to your child for more than 3 days without speaking to your doctor or pharmacist.
Speak to your doctor:
- If your child needs more than the doses shown in the table.
- As soon as possible if fever doesn't go away.
- Straight away if you are not sure of the cause of your child's illness or it is accompanied by a rash, breathing difficulties, diarrhoea or excessive tiredness or lethargy. Do not give until you get medical advice.
- Active Ingredient: Paracetamol 250mg per 5ml.
- Other Ingredients: Hydrogenated Glucose Syrup (E965), 3.7% v/v Ethanol and Sunset Yellow (E110).
- Do not give this medicine with any other paracetamol containing product.
- Never give more than the recommended dose.
- Methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E218) may cause allergic reactions which could possibly be delayed.
- Sunset Yellow (E110) may cause allergic reactions.
- ALWAYS READ THE LEAFLET PROVIDED
Do not give this medicine to anyone who:
- Has ever had a bad reaction to any of the ingredients.
- Is taking anything else with paracetamol in it.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist:
- If your child has serious kidney or liver problems.
- If your child has an inherited intolerance to fructose or been diagnosed with an intolerance to some other sugars.
- If your child is taking any other medicines including:
- Metoclopramide or domperidone (used to treat nausea and vomiting).
- Colestyramine (used to treat high cholesterol).
- Anticoagulants (drugs that thin the blood, such as warfarin).
- Anticonvulsants (drugs to treat epilepsy).
The following additional warnings are included in case an adult takes this product:
- You can use this medicine while you are taking oral contraceptives (‘the pill’), but it may not work so well on your pain or fever.
- If you drink large amounts of alcohol, you may be more open to the side effects of paracetamol.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine if you might be pregnant or breastfeeding
Free standard UK Delivery on all orders over £40