Cetirizine 10mg Tablets
Cetirizine 10mg Tablets can be used to treat hayfever and year-round allergy such as dust and pet allergies and urticaria (swelling, redness and itchiness of the skin).
Exposure to pollen, pet fur, house dust or an insect bite can cause the body to produce histamine. The release of histamine causes allergic symptoms which can include rashes, sneezing, watery eyes and a running or blocked nose. Antihistamines stop the effects of the histamine to help to relieve these unpleasant symptoms.
Cetirizine 10mg Tablets may be supplied as cetirizine hydrochloride or cetirizine dihydrochloride depending on what brand we have in stock. If you have a specific preference, please before purchasing so we can check what is available for you.
- Adults and children aged 12 years and over: Take one tablet daily. If the tablets make you feel drowsy or dizzy, taking half a tablet twice a day may be better than taking one tablet once a day.
- Children aged 6 to 12 years: Take half a tablet once a day.
- Children under 6 years: Not suitable.
- Active Ingredient: Cetirizine Hydrochloride 10mg or Cetirizine Dihydrochloride 10mg.
- Other Ingredients: Dependent on brand. Will contain lactose.
- It is recommended that you avoid alcohol while taking this medicine.
- Some people report that they feel drowsy or dizzy while taking cetirizine. If you are affected do not drive or operate machines.
- If you have been previously told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars (such as lactose), contact your doctor before taking this medicine.
- You have severe kidney failure.
- Are known to be allergic to cetirizine hydrochloride or any of the other ingredients or to hydroxyzine or to piperazine derivatives (closely related active substances of other medicines).
- You are breastfeeding.
- You have kidney problems.
- You suffer from epilepsy or are at risk of convulsions.
- You are pregnant or likely to become pregnant.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £40