Chlamydia Rapid Diagnostic Test Kit(s) For Men/Women, Swab/Urine Samples
CE Approved For Professional Use
The Chlamydia Rapid Test Device is a rapid test to detect the Chlamydia antigen from samples providing results in 10 minutes
Each kit contains everything needed for a complete test - GP surgeries, clinics, labratories (Professional Use)
Download easy to use instructions here
We value your privacy - Orders are always sent discreetly in plain, unmarked packaging
Symptoms of chlamydia
Most people with chlamydia don't notice any symptoms and don't know they have it.
- pain when urinating
- unusual discharge from the vagina, penis or rectum (back passage)
- in women, pain in the tummy, bleeding during or after sex, and bleeding between periods
- in men, pain and swelling in the testicles
Although chlamydia doesn't usually cause any symptoms and can normally be treated with a short course of antibiotics, it can be serious if it's not treated early on therefore early detection is vital.
If left untreated, the infection can spread to other parts of the body and lead to long-term health problems, such as pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), epididymo-orchitis (inflammation of the testicles), and infertility. It can also sometimes cause reactive arthritis.
This is why it's important to get tested and treated as soon as possible if a Chlamydia infection is suspected
- Function: Used for the qualitative detection of Chlamydia trachomatis to aid in the diagnosis of Chlamydia infection
- Format: Cassette
- Specimens: Female Cervical, Male Urethral, Male Urine
- Accuracy: >99%
- Shelf life: Mid 2019
Each Pack contains
- Test casette
- Sterile specimen swab
- Extraction tube
- 1 bottle of Reagant/Lysis Solution A
- 1 bottle of Reagent/Lysis Solution B
- Instructions (download)
Full instructions provided with each test
- Remove the casette from the sealed foil pouch and use it as soon as possible. Best results will be obtained if the test is performed immediately after opening the foil pouch
Extract the Chlamydia antigen
- For Female Cervical or Male Urethral Swab Specimens:
- Hold Reagent A bottle vertically and add 5 full drops of Reagent A (approximately 300 µL) to the extraction tube. Reagent A is colorless. Immediately insert the swab, compress the bottom of the tube and rotate the swab 15 times. Let it stand for 2 minutes
- Hold Reagent B bottle vertically and add 6 full drops Reagent B (approximately 250ul) to the extraction tube. Reagent B is pale yellow. The solution will turn cloudy. Compress the bottom of tube and rotate the swab 15 times until the solution turns to a clear color with a slight green or blue tint. If the swab is bloody, the color will turn yellow or brown. Let it stand for 1 minute
- Press the swab against the side of the tube and withdraw the swab while squeezing the tube. Keep as much liquid in the tube as possible. Fit the dropper tip on top of the extraction tube
For Male Urine Specimens:
- Hold Reagent B bottle vertically and add 6 full drops of Reagent B (approximately 250ul) to the urine pellet in the centrifuge tube, then shake the tube vigorously mix until the suspension is homogeneous.
- Transfer all the solution in the centrifuge tube to an extraction tube. Let it stand for 1 minute
- Hold the Reagent A bottle upright and add 5 full drops of Reagent A (approximately 300 µL) then add to the extraction tube.
- Vortex or tap the bottom of the tube to mix the solution. Let stand for 2 minutes
- Fit the dropper tip on top of the extraction tube
- Place the test device (casette) on a clean and level surface. Add 3 full drops of extracted solution (approximately 100 µL) to the specimen well (S) of the test device, then start the timer. Avoid trapping air bubbles in the specimen well (S)
- Wait for the red line(s) to appear.
- Read the result at 10-15 minutes. Do not read the result after 15 minutes.
Packaging may vary from the design pictured