Curanail 5% Medicated Nail Lacquer
Curanail contains amorolfine which penetrates the nail, kills the fungus and prevents further infection spreading
What is fungal nail infection
Fungal nail infections are common. They’re not serious but they can take a long time to treat. Fungal nail infections usually affect your toenails but you can get them on your fingernails too.
The infection usually starts at the edge of the nail. They often then spread to the middle in which the nail becomes discoloured and lifts off. The nail becomes brittle and pieces can break off. It can cause pain and swelling in the skin around your nail.
How to prevent fungal nail infection
It can be contagious so wearing flip flops at the gym/swimming pool, not sharing socks are just some simple preventive measures.
Contains amorolfine. Always read the label.
Directions:For each infected nail:
- File down the infected area of the nail with a file, to prevent spreading the infection to healthy nails
- Clean the nail surface using an alcohol swab, or nail polish remover
- Apply the nail lacquer over the entire nail surface using one of the re-usable applicators. Allow to dry for approximately 3 minutes
Nail varnish may be applied after 10 minutes
After use, wipe the rim of the bottle if it has any residue on it and replace the lid.
Curanail 5% Nail Lacquer should be applied once weekly. It is important to continue using the nail lacquer until the infection has cleared and healthy nails have grown back. This usually takes 6 months for finger nails and 9 to 12 months for toe nails.
Always use this medicine exactly as described in the leaflet provided.
*You may need more than x1 bottle depending on nail growth and severity of infection.
- Active ingredient: Amorolfine 5% w/v
- Other Ingredients: Ammonio Methacrylate Copolymer A, Triacetin, Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Ethanol
Cautions:Curanail 5% Nail Lacquer is not suitable if:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You have a severe nail infection
- You are allergic to any of the Curanail ingredients
- More than two nails are affected
- You are under 18
You should speak to your doctor if you have diabetes, a weak immune system or poor circulation.
Side effects are uncommon. Very rarely there may be a slight burning sensation around the nail(s) after application, but this soon wears off.