Nicam Gel 60g
Nicam gel is a treatment for mild to moderate acne, helping to ease the inflammation and redness in your spots. It can be used by everyone, from the children to the elderly, and is perfect for acne that appears on the face, back or chest.
Nicam gel contains the active ingredient nicotinamide, which is related to the essential Vitamin B3. It works as an anti-inflammatory, which helps to reduce redness, swelling, and inflammation in your spots or pimples.
Nicam Gel is not known to interact with any other medications and should be safe to use with anything else you are taking. However, if you are taking other medications, including those you obtained without a prescription, you should speak to your doctor or pharmacist before using this product to be sure that they are safe to use together.
If you’re pregnant or breastfeeding you should speak to your doctor or pharmacist before using this product. Although there are currently no restrictions to using this product while pregnant or breastfeeding, a medical professional may wish to recommend another, more suitable treatment at this time.
How to use
Before using Nicam Gel, wash your hands and the area you wish to treat and then pat dry with a clean towel. Apply a thin film of gel to the area and gently massage into the skin. For best results, use twice a day for as long as necessary.
- Do not use Nicam Gel if you are allergic to nicotinamide or any of the other listed ingredients.
- This product is for use on the skin only, avoid contact with eyes, the inside of your nostrils, your lips, or the inside of your mouth.
- If you have sensitive skin, you may wish to perform a patch test on a small area of skin before using this product for the first time. To do this, apply a small amount of Nicam gel to a small area of skin and wait for 24 hours to see whether your skin reacts before using on larger areas, if suitable.
Like all medications, Nicam gel can have side effects, although not everyone will experience them. These include:
- Local skin dryness. If this is unacceptable or causes peeling or irritation, try reducing the number of times you use this product to once a day or every other day
- Symptoms of an allergic reaction, e.g. itching, redness, swelling, burning sensation
If you experience these or any other side effects while using this product, stop use and speak to your doctor or pharmacist. For more information about reporting the side effects of medication, please see the MHRA’s Yellow Card Scheme.
How to store Nicam Gel
Store in a cool, dry place which is below 25 degrees C. Store in the original packaging, do not use this product if the expiry date printed on the packaging has passed.
Keep out of sight and reach of children.