Normacol Granules SachetsNormacol Granules are used to treat constipation in adults and children over 6 years, including women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Normacol Granules contain Sterculia, a gum obtained from the Karaya tree that is naturally high in fibre and does not produce flatulence. It works by forming a soft bulky stool and inducing a laxative effect, usually within 12 hours. As a natural product, it has no known interaction with other medications.
- Adults, the elderly and children over 12 years: 1 or 2 sachets, once or twice daily after meals.
- Children 6-12 years: Half the adult dosage.
The granules should be placed dry on the tongue and without chewing or crushing, swallowed immediately with plenty of water or a cool drink. Alternatively, they can be sprinkled onto and taken with soft food such as yoghurt, before drinking plenty of water or a cool drink. Do not take immediately before going to bed or in a recumbent position.
If you do not have a bowel movement after taking the granules for 4 days, stop the treatment and consult your doctor.
- Active Ingredient: Sterculia 62% w/w.
- Other Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Sucrose, Talc, Paraffin Wax, Titanium Dioxide, Vanillin.
CautionsDo not take:
- If you have intestinal obstruction, faecal impaction, and total atony of the colon.
- If you have known hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients.
- If you have rare hereditary problems of fructose intolerance, glucose–galactose malabsorption or sucrase-isomaltase insufficiency.
Caution should be exercised in cases of ulcerative colitis.
Free standard UK Delivery on all orders over £40