Nurofen Max Strength Joint & Back Pain Relief Tablets
Nurofen Max Strength Joint & Back Pain Relief 512mg Tablets relieve mild to moderate pain such as headaches and migraine pain, dental pain, nerve pain, back pain, period pain, rheumatic and muscular pain and the pain associated with non-serious arthritis. They can also be used to relieve cold and flu symptoms and sore throats.
Nurofen Max Strength Joint & Back Pain Relief 512mg Tablets contain ibuprofen, a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) and works by changing the body's response to pain, swelling and high temperature.
Adults, the elderly and children aged 12 years and over:
- Swallow 1 tablet with water up to three times a day as required.
- Leave at least 4 hours between doses.
- Do not take more than 3 tablets in 24 hours.
If symptoms persist or worsen or if the product is required for more than 3 days for 12-18 year olds or 10 days for adults, consult a doctor.
- Active Ingredient: Ibuprofen 400mg (as Sodium Ibuprofen 512mg).
- Other Ingredients:Croscarmellose Sodium, Xylitol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate, Collodial Anhydrous Silica, Carmellose Sodium, Talc, Acacia Spray Dried, Sucrose, Titanium Dioxide (E171), Macrogol 6000 Powder and Red Ink (contains Shellac, Iron Oxide Red (E172), Propylene Glycol, Ammonium Hydroxide (E527), Simethicone).
Do not take Nurofen Max Strength Joint & Back Pain Relief 512mg Tablets if you:
- Are allergic to ibuprofen or any other ingredient in this product or to aspirin or other painkillers.
- Have (or have had two or more episodes of) a stomach perforation, ulcer or bleeding.
- Have had a worsening of asthma, skin rash, itchy runny nose or facial swelling when previously taking ibuprofen, aspirin or similar medicines.
- Have had gastrointestinal bleeding or perforation when previously taking NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs).
- Are taking other NSAIDS or more than 75mg aspirin per day.
- Have severe liver or kidney problems.
- Have heart problems, high blood pressure or blood coagluation disorder.
- Have breathing difficulties.
- Are in the last 3 months of pregnancy
- Are under 12 years old.
Take special care and check with a doctor or pharmacist before taking Nurofen Max Strength Joint & Back Pain Relief 512mg Tablets if you:
- Have or have had asthma.
- Have kidney, heart, liver or bowel problems.
- Have high cholesterol or previously have had a heart attack or stroke.
- Have a history of gastrointensinal disease (such as ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease).
- Have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) - a condition of the immune system causing joint pain, skin changes and other organ disorders).
- Are a smoker.
- Are in the first six months of pregnancy or are breastfeeding.
- Are on a diet restricting your salt intake.
Check with your pharmacist before taking Nurofen Max Strength Joint & Back Pain Relief 512mg Tablets if you are taking any other mediciation, particularly:
- Corticosteroid tablets.
- Antibiotics (e.g. chloramphenicol or quinolones).
- Medicines to thin the blood or prevent clotting (e.g. warfarin).
- Medicines to stimulate your heart stimulants (e.g. glycosides) or treat high blood pressure.
- Medicines to help you pass water (diuretics).
- Medicines to temporarily suppress the immune system (e.g. methotrexate, ciclosporine, tacrolimus).
- Medicines for mania or depression (e.g. lithium or SSRIs).
- Mifepristone (for pregnancy termination).
- HIV medicines (e.g. zidovudine).