Regaine For Men Extra Strength
What is Regaine Extra Strength?
Regaine Extra Strength is a powerful solution which is designed to help prevent hair loss and promote hair growth. If you’re suffering from hair loss that runs in your family, Regaine can help you to see visible improvements fast.
Men 18 to 65 years of age.
How will Regaine Extra Strength help my hair loss?
Regaine Extra Strength uses the active ingredient Minoxidil, which is thought to encourage blood flow into the follicles of your scalp. This helps to reverse shrinkage caused by hereditary hair loss and helps the follicles to get bigger and healthier. This is what helps your hair to grow back healthier.
How long will it take for this product to work?
Hair growth is a slow process and you may need to use Regaine Extra Strength twice a day, every day for at least 2 months before you see any new hair growth. Your hair may feel soft and downy when it first starts to grow back, but should normally return to your hair’s natural colour and texture over time. Clinical trials have shown that 3 out of 5 men reported hair re-growth after 48 weeks of continuous use of this treatment, if you do not experience any hair regrowth after a year of using this product you should stop use.
Can I use this product if I’m taking other medication?
There are certain medications that should not be used at the same time as Regaine Extra strength solution, including any creams, ointments, or lotions that are used to treat scalp conditions, such as:
- Dithranol – Used for psoriasis
- Tretinoin – Used for acne or other skin disorders
- Corticosteroids – A type of anti-inflammatory
- Petrolatum – A common ingredient in hair wax or hair gel
If you are taking a type of blood pressure medication called vasodilators (e.g. hydrazaline), as they can interact with the active ingredient in Regaine and make the increase their effect. You should always speak to your doctor or pharmacist before using this product if you are taking any other medication, as they could interact and may not be safe to use together.
How to use Regaine Extra Strength solution
Every time you apply Regaine Extra Strength you will need to use 1ml of product, this in the same as 6 sprays of Regaine solution. Apply this twice a day and do not use more than 2ml of product every day. Regaine Extra Strength includes two applicators, meaning you can choose which application method is right for you.
- Apply 1ml (6 sprays) of Regaine solution onto a completely dry scalp and hair
- Massage into the scalp lightly
- Leave at least 12 hours between each application
When should Regaine Extra Strength not be used?
Regaine Extra Strength for Men is not suitable for women and should not be used if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. If you are aged below 18 or are older than 65, Regaine Extra Strength is not suitable for you. Do not use Regaine Extra Strength if you have an allergy to minoxodil, ethanol, propylene glycol, or any of the other ingredients listed.
Do not use if you:
- Suffer from a problem with blood pressure
- Don't know why you're losing your hair - see your doctor
- Have sudden or patchy hair loss
- Have other conditions associated with your hair loss
- Have a red, inflamed, irritated, infected or painful scalp, or a shaven head
- Are using other medicines on your scalp
- Are under 18 or over 65 years of age
- Are a woman
Speak to your doctor or pharmacist before using this product if you:
- Are unsure whether your scalp is normal and healthy
- Suffer from heart disease, including abnormal heart rhythms or rates, angina, chest pains, circulation disorders
Does this product have any side effects?
Like all medicines, Regaine Extra Strength can have side effects, although not everyone will experience them. These include:
- Chest pain
- Swelling of the face, lips, tongue, mouth, or throat, which may cause difficulty swallowing or breathing
- Allergic reactions, e.g. swollen face, skin redness, itching, throat tightness
- Low blood pressure
- Fast heartbeat or palpitations
- Faintness or dizziness
- Swollen hands or feet, shortness of breath
- Sudden, unexplained weight gain
- Persistent local redness or rash
If you experience these side effects, stop use and seek medical assistance immediately. Other side effects you may experience while using this product include:
- Itching or dermatitis
- Unwanted non-scalp hair growth (including facial hair in women). Always wash hands thoroughly after using this product and rinse immediately if you get this product anywhere other than your scalp
- Change in hair texture