ALLEVYN Adhesive Sacrum Sacral Dressings Hydrocellular Absorbent
ALLEVYN Sacrum has been designed for a superior anatomical fit on the sacral area to provide enhanced pressure ulcer management combined with the proven benefits of ALLEVYN Adhesive.
- Shaped to fit sacral area
- Low allergy adhesive
- Tapered construction and micro-thin edges
- Unique trilaminate construction
- Perforated wound contact layer
- Highly absorbent central hydrocellular layer
- Waterproof and bacteriaproof outer film layer
- Available in two sizes
Convenient Adhesive Presentation - The wound contact layer of ALLEVYN Sacrum is coated with a low allergy adhesive which is designed to adhere well to intact skin, but not to wounds. The adhesive has a low risk of skin irritation.
Highly Absorbent - In-vitro studies and clinical experience both demonstrate that as healing progresses ALLEVYN Sacrum dressings can stay in place for up to five days. This capacity results from a combination of properties:
- The perforated wound contact layer allows even viscous exudate to pass into the dressing.
- The hydrocellular core of the dressing absorbs and holds liquid in its microscopic structure.
- The breathable outer surface of the dressing allows excess moisture to evaporate away from the dressing.
- The result is the formation of a wound environment, which allows healing to progress without the need for frequent dressing changes.
Promotes early healing - ALLEVYN Sacrum allows the formation and maintenance of a moist wound healing environment at the wound surface, preventing eschar formation and promoting rapid and trouble-free healing.
Profiled Dressing Edges - ALLEVYN Sacrum has a profiled cross-section, narrowing to micro-thin edges which ensure the dressing remains securely in place and reduces the risk of accidental removal by shear between the dressing and clothes or bedding.
Anatomically Shaped - The unique anatomical design is able to conform to the sacral area moulding into the anal cleft, providing secure management of pressure ulcers and reduced risk of leakage.
Bacteriaproof/Waterproof - The outer polyurethane layer of ALLEVYN Adhesive prevents strike-through of excess exudate from the dressing, and minimises the chances of cross-contamination and wound infection, therefore enhancing patient comfort and reducing healthcare costs. It also allows the amount of fluid in the dressing to be monitored.
Cushioned Comfort - ALLEVYN Sacrum dressings are soft and cushioning, giving excellent patient comfort and protection.
- Exuding, granulating wounds on the sacrum
- For example; pressure ulcers
- It can be used in conjunction with Intrasite Gel
- Hydrogel Wound Dressing for necrotic or sloughy wounds
Free standard UK Delivery on all orders over £40