Dermatix Silicone Sheet Fabric
Dermatix is suitable for scars resulting from surgery, accidents, burns, and other injuries.
You do not have to wait for time to improve your scars. Dermatix ? available in a range of silicone based products is clinically proven to significantly improve the appearance of scars. Suitable for existing prominent immature and scars, Dermatix even reduces scarring following surgery, burns and other injuries. Dermatix is available in two forms: as a Silicone Gel and as Silicone Sheets (both clear and fabric backed). Silicone is the most frequently used non-invasive treatment in scar management.
Dermatix Silicone Sheets
Made from silicone and PTFE, the thin Dermatix Silicone Sheet Clear provides a unique combination of transparency, flexibility and adhesiveness. The silicone reduces hypertrophic scars and keloids, while the transparency offers minimal visibility of the sheet. Dermatix Silicone Sheet Clear does not require adhesive aids such as tape or netting, making Dermatix Silicone Sheets ideal for wearing on exposed body parts (e.g. face and hands). Dermatix Silicone Sheet Clear can be washed with mild soap and water, making Dermatix Silicone Sheets easy to reuse.
Dermatix Silicone Sheet Fabric is thin, self-adhesive and fabric backed. It is lined on one side with silicone, which sticks to the skin reducing and preventing scars. The other side is lined with silky-smooth fabric, which makes Dermatix Silicone Sheet comfortable and convenient to use under clothing. Dermatix Silicone Sheet Fabric can be washed with mild soap and water, making Dermatix Silicone Sheet reusable and easy to care for.
The thinner the Silicone Sheet:
- The more it adheres to the scar and thus more effective
- The more flexible it is
Available in two forms:
- Dermatix Silicone Sheet Clear
- Virtually invisible! Apply on exposed skin.
- Perfect for face & hands - you can even apply make-up over it.
Dermatix Silicone Sheet Fabric
A silky fabric backing provides an optimal level of comfort and convenience under clothing and pressure garments.
The benefits of Dermatix Silicone Sheets:
- Convenient and easy to use
- Transparent (clear) or silky fabric for optimal level of comfort
- Indicated for use on patients with larger scars or someone who has undergone a skin graft operation or suffered a burn, who will be at a higher risk of scarring
- Self-adhesive and convenient
- Thin and pliable
- Durable and washable
Regular use of Dermatix Silicone Sheet Clear or Dermatix Silicone Sheet Fabric can minimise existing hypertrophic scars and keloids or Dermatix Silicone Sheet may be used to aid in the prevention of hypertrophic scars and keloids.
1 Application a day for 12 to 23 hours for at least 2 months.
Clean the area to be treated with mild soap and water. Pat dry.
Remove the protective layer and save it. Place Dermatix Silicone Sheet with the "sticky side" down, directly on the scarred area. The Silicone Sheet should extend slightly beyond the area of the scar.
Keep in place for at least 12 hours and up to 23 hours.
At least once a day, wash the scarred area and both sides of the Dermatix Silicone Sheet with mild soap and water. Rinse thoroughly and allow the Dermatix Silicone Sheet to dry before re-applying.
- Dermatix should not be applied to open or fresh wounds, placed in contact with mucous membranes or too close to the eyes.
- Dermatix should not be applied over antibiotic skin preparations or other skin treatment products.
- Dermatix Gel may stain clothing if not completely dry.
- Dermatix should be applied to clean, dry skin only.
- If redness, pain or irritation occurs, discontinue use and consult your physician.
- Keep out of reach of children. For external use only.
Free standard UK Delivery on all orders over £40