KeloCote UV Scar Gel Advanced Formula Scar Gel SPF 30 Scar Treatment
Silicone is the clinical gold standard for scar treatment and scar prevention having demonstrated clinical efficacy over all other forms of topical treatments and is recommended by the ?International Advisory Panel on Scar Management? as the first line therapy in the treatment of:
The only 100% silicone scar treatment with SPF 30 UV protection ingredients
- Kelocote UV Advanced formula scar gel with SPF30 15 g - ideal for areas exposed to the sun.
- Recommended by Dermatologists and Plastic Surgeons, used by the NHS
- Kelocote helps treat, reduce, prevent and soften scars, both old and .
- Kelocote is a patented topical silicone gel for the management and prevention of abnormal scars in the form of hypertrophic scars and keloids
- Kelocote is the most effective scar treatment product on the market today and is the most cost effective.
- A very thin layer is applied, which means that it is the best value product currently sold for scars.With built in SPF 30 sunscreen, it protects visible scars from the effects of sun, sea and surf.
- Linear Hypertrophic Scars
- Widespread Burn Hypertrophic Scars
Kelo-cote has also been successfully used to manage scars resulting from trauma, burns and surgery.
Prevention through Solar Protection
UV exposure has been shown to influence the wound healing process by causing immediate UV-induced inflammation.
Presents as erythema, followed by increased skin pigmentation (may result in long term pigmentation of a fresh or recent scar)
Affecting the metabolism of Type I collagen within hours of UV exposure
Whether the result of sutured incision or natural healing, a scar should be protected from the sun during the whole maturation process (anywhere from 6 months to 3 years, according to studies cases).
- The only 100% silicone scar treatment with SPF 30 UV protection ingredients
- Self dries to an invisible, breathable sheet with 4-5 minutes
- Provides elastic protection
- Transparent & odourless silicone gel
- Twice daily application
- Reduces scar associated pain, itching and discolouration
- Used on old and scars
- Once dry, cosmetics may be applied Ideal for areas exposed to the sun such as the face, neck, chest or hands
- Kelo-cote is used to prevent, reduce, help and treat keloid and hypertrophic scars resulting from general or cosmetic surgery scars, injury or burns, acne scars, and pregnancy stretch marks scars.
- For best results apply Kelo-cote twice daily (morning and evening) on clean dry skin for a duration of 60-90 days. Larger and older scars may take longer and continued use is recommended if improvement is still seen after the initial 90 days.
- Once dry, Kelo-cote can be covered with pressure garments, sun block or cosmetics.
- Kelo-cote must not be used on broken skin.
Post laser/ chemical peel:
Kelo-cote has become the treatment of choice for post laser use and is especially effective in the reduction and elimination of erythema (redness) associated with dermatological laser procedures and chemical peels.
- Kelo-cote has been used effectively for the treatment of scars resulting from acne and chickenpox. However, Kelo-cote is not
- Indicated for the use on active acne.
You can start to apply Kelo-cote after the any stitches have been removed and the wound is no longer bleeding.
If an infection is present, have it treated prior to beginning your Kelo-cote treatment. Do not apply any other product underneath Kelo-cote. Applying medications on top of Kelo-cote will have no effect because, by design, it will not be able to pass through the Kelo-cote membrane.
Polysiloxanes, Silicon Dioxide
Free standard UK Delivery on all orders over £40