Octenisan MD Nasal Gel 6ml
For moistening and decontamination of nasal vestibules and supportive wound treatment of lesions in the nasal epithelium
octenisan® md nasal gel is used for moistening and decontamination by physical cleaning of the nasal vestibules. External influences can cause the nose to rapidly dry out and become irritated. This can be remedied by supplying the nasal vestibules with sufficient moisture. The moisturizing effects of hydrogel promote a favorable physiological milieu which prevents the settlement of bacteria. Furthermore, restoring the physiological functions of protection and cleaning contribute to effective decontamination of multiresistant pathogens. Lesions of the nasal epithelium are also supplied with moisture through the hydrogel and thus can heal optimally. Epithelial cells must be able to proliferate and migrate for the healing process. This is best possible in a moist wound environment
How to use
Unless otherwise prescribed, use octenisan® md nasal gel up to twice a day as needed. octenisan® md nasal gel is for use in the nasal vestibules only. Apply the gel e.g. with a cotton swab in a sufficient quantity to the frontal area of the nose (nasal vestibules), so that the surface is completely covered. For this purpose insert octenisan® md nasal gel into the nostril, close the nose by pressing on the side and then massage between thumb and finger. This ensures an even distribution of the gel. If needed, the nose should be thoroughly cleaned before with a wet cotton swab. Excessive gel is removed with a cotton swab. Make sure that a moist film remains. Direct contact with the opening of the tube must be avoided to prevent contamination with germs.
Purified water, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Octenidine HCI
- octenisan® md nasal gel must not be used with known or suspected allergy to one of the ingredients (propylene glycol, hydroxyethyl cellulose, octenidine HCl). Consult with your physician, if you have any doubts.
- Do not use in combination with cleansing soaps, ointments, oils, enzymes or similar, as this may affect the preservation.
- Do not use in combination with PVP iodine, as this can lead to discoloration and impaired antiseptic effect of the PVP iodine.
- Do not use the octenisan® md nasal gel without medical supervision for longer than 2 weeks without interruption.
- octenisan® md nasal gel must not be used on cartilage, in the eyes or in the ear to avoid possible tissue damage.
- Do not insert too deep in the nose.
- Do not use for infusion or injection!
- Do not swallow.
- Do not use if tube is damaged.
- Store the tube at room temperature protected from direct sunlight.
Free standard UK Delivery on all orders over £40