PICO 7 Single Use Negative Pressure Wound Therapy System
SPECIAL ORDER ITEM - Non Returnable
Smith & Nephew have made a number of improvements to the existing PICO Single Use Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (sNPWT) technology, to further enhance performance and optimise wound healing
Pico 7 is intended to be used under Medical Advice and Supervision only
Each Kit includes a unit and 2 dressings
Released in 2018, PICO 7 is our most advanced wound therapy device.
- Use uninterrupted for up to 7 days, potentially saving time and money by optimising dressing changes
- Twice as effective at dealing with air leaks, compared to the previous version of PICO sNPWT
- Can be used in hard-to-seal or awkward places
- Improved patient experience with a more efficient, quieter pump and integrated belt clip for full portability.
- A new ‘dressing full’ change indicator, designed to help optimise dressing change frequency, including an integrated ‘start date’ note area.
- Our AIRLOCK™ Technology distributes pressure evenly for optimal comfort and performance
This single use system is canister-free with a wear time of up to seven days.
Approved for both hospital and home care settings.
• May reduce complications and provide positive outcomes for patients
• Simple, patient-friendly application
• Pocket-size is easy to wear compared with traditional NPWT devices
• High MVTR top film allows one-way transpiration of exudate vapor
• Silicone contact allows fluid to pass and minimizes pain on removal
• Provides even distribution of negative pressure across the dressing
• Fast and easy to apply and can be easily adjusted
• Simple operation means less chance of error
• Simple instructions reduce training time
• Airlock layer maintains open airflow
• Multisite dressing features Soft Port technology designed to reduce the risk of pressure points while supporting easy application and conformability to challenging anatomical areas
• Multisite dressing makes therapy more accessible for wound in awkward areas such as the neck, shoulder, knee or sacrum
PICO* Single Use Negative Pressure Wound Therapy System is indicated for patients who would benefit from a suction device (negative pressure wound therapy) as it may promote wound healing via removal of low levels of exudate and infectious materials.
Examples of appropriate wound types include: chronic; acute; traumatic; subacute and dehisced wounds; partial-thickness burns; ulcers (such as diabetic or pressure); flaps and grafts; closed surgical incisions.
Suitable for use in both a hospital and home care setting.
The use of PICO* is contraindicated in the presence of:
• Patients with malignancy in the wound bed or margins of the wound (except in palliative care to enhance quality of life).
• Previously confirmed and untreated osteomyelitis.
• Non-enteric and unexplored fistulas.
• Necrotic tissue with eschar present.
• Exposed arteries, veins, nerves or organs.
• Anastomotic sites.
• Emergency airway aspiration.
• Pleural, mediastinal or chest tube drainage.
• Surgical suction.
- Certain patients are at high risk of bleeding complications which, if uncontrolled, could potentially be fatal. Patients must be closely monitored for bleeding. If sudden or increased bleeding is observed, immediately discontinue therapy, leave dressing in place, take appropriate measures to stop bleeding and seek immediate medical assistance.
- The use of anticoagulants does not deem a patient inappropriate for treatment with PICO*, however, hemostasis must be achieved before applying the dressing. Patients suffering from difficult hemostasis or who are receiving anticoagulant therapy have an increased risk of bleeding. During therapy, avoid using hemostatic products that may increase the risk of bleeding, if disrupted. Frequent assessment must be maintained and considered throughout the therapy.
- PICO* is unsuitable for use in areas where there is danger of explosion (e.g. hyperbaric oxygen unit).
- PICO* is not suitable for use in the presence of flammable anesthetic mixture with oxygen or nitrous oxide.
5°C-25°C, 10-75% RH
700 to 1060 mbar atmospheric pressure
See manufacturers pagefor more information
Free standard UK Delivery on all orders over £40