TYR Anamix Infant ( 400g)
TYR Anamix Infant formula is an amino acid-based phenylalanine and tyrosine free powdered infant formula containing essential and non-essential amino acids, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins, minerals and trace elements, supplemented with long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids and prebiotic fibres.
For use in the management of proven tyrosinaemia when plasma methionine is normal, from birth to twelve months and as a supplementary feed up to three years of age.
Indications and Prescribability
For use in the dietary management of proven tyrosinaemia when plasma methionine is normal, in infants from birth to 12 months and as a supplementary feed up to 3 years.
- Must be used under strict medical supervision.
- For enteral use only.
- For use in infants and as a supplementary feed in young children.
- Not suitable for use as a sole source of nutrition.
- This product should not be used as a sole source of protein but must be given in conjunction with a protein source e.g breast milk, proprietary infant formula or additional sources of protein to supply the phenylalanine, tyrosine, fluid and general nutrition requirements of the patient in quantities as prescribed by the clinician or dietitian.
Directions for Use
The recommended dosage and timing of intake is dependent on the age, body weight and medical condition of the patient, and should be determined by a dietitian or clinician only. The recommended feed concentration is 15% w/v. i.e. 15g Anamix Infant made up to 100mls with water. Use only the scoop provided. Each level scoop requires 30mls of water to yield the recommended feed concentration (15% w/v). When preparing any infant feed, please follow the guidelines below:
1. Wash hands thoroughly and clean the preparation area. Sterilise the bottles and teats (if using).
2. Boil fresh water for five minutes and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes so that it feels warm to the wrist. Pour the required amount of water into a sterilised feeding bottle.
3. Fill the scoop provided with infant formula and level off with a clean dry knife. Do not press the powder into the scoop. Only use the scoop provided.
4. Add the prescribed number of scoops of infant formula to the water. Replace the cap on the bottle and shake until powder is dissolved. Before feeding, ensure the formula is at the correct temperature by placing a few drops on the wrist.
5. Formula remaining in the bottle after one hour of feeding should be discarded. The formula must not be rewarmed during feeding.
|Average Contents||Unit||per 100ml||per 100g|
ALWAYS READ THE LEAFLET BEFORE USE
Free standard UK Delivery on all orders over £40