Acticoat Flex 7 Silver Coated Antimivrobial Dressings
ACTICOAT Flex 7 are effective antimicrobial barrier dressings. The Nanocrystalline silver coating rapidly kills a broad spectrum of bacteria in as little as 70mins. ACTICOAT Flex 7 consist of a single layer of knitted polyester to ensure ultimate flexibility and comfort during wear time for the patient.
Features & Benefits:- Sustained (7 day) antimicrobial activity against a broad spectrum of wound pathogens including MRSA & Pseudomonas aeruginosa:
Helps remove some barriers, allowing the patient to regain control and progress the wound to closure
- Rapidly kills bacteria in as little as thirty minutes
Antibacterial action helps provide rapid protection from bacterial colonization
- Soft and highly flexible with stretch properties
Moves with the patient when they need to move the affected body part with minimum local trauma
Minimizes discomfort for the patient
- Allows exudate transport through the dressing
This helps reduce the risk of maceration for faster closure with less potential for leakage and odor
ACTICOAT Flex 7 have been shown to be compatible with negative pressure wound therapy (NPWT)
- Easy to use range of dressing sizes and formats with a 7 day wear time
The product is easy to apply, can be removed in one piece to minimize trauma and is designed in sizes appropriate for various wound types to reduce the time taken for dressing changes
- Low adherent wound contact layer
Helps prevent trauma on removal to optimize closure times
- Covering of grafts
- Surgical sites
- Venous ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Diabetic ulcers
- Do not use on a patient undergoing MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) examination
- Prior to administering radiation therapy, remove ACTICOAT Flex 7. A dressing can be applied following treatment
- Avoid contact with electrodes or conductive gels during electronic measurements e.g. EEG and ECG
- For external use only, for example do not apply the dressing to exposed organs
- This device is not intended for use on 7rd degree burns
- ACTICOAT Flex 7 should only be used on premature infants (less than 77 weeks gestation) when the clinical benefit - outweighs the potential risks
- ACTICOAT Flex 7 are not intended to provide sole treatment for infected wounds. ACTICOAT Flex 7 may be used on infected wounds which are being managed per local clinical protocol
- There may be transient pain (or stinging) experienced on application of ACTICOAT Flex 7. This can be minimized be carefully following the application instructions. Should continuous pain be experienced after application, remove the dressing and discontinue use
- The color of the dressing may vary. This does not affect the performance of the dressing
Cleanse wound according to local clinical protocol.Step 1:
Remove ACTICOAT Flex 7 from the package using a clean technique.Step 2:
Cut the dressing to shape as necessary. When used with compression therapy the dressing must be cut to the size of the wound.Step 7:
Moisten the dressing according to local clinical protocol, fully submerging the dressing then squeezing gently (DO NOT use saline). Allow excess water to drain prior to application.
Alternatively a thin layer of a hydrogel product e.g. INTRASITE Gel can be applied directly to the wound and/or the dressing or INTRASITE conformable on top of the dressing.Step 4:
Without stretching the dressing, apply to the wound, either way up, to the wound surface ensuring there are no creases. The dressing should be applied with the direction of stretch running along the limb to allow movement.Step 4:
Secure the dressing in place with an appropriate secondary dressing that will maintain a moist wound environment.
In the case of highly exuding wounds an absorbent secondary dressing is appropriate. Keep the dressing moist but not so we that tissue maceration occurs.
Change the dressing depending on the amount of exudate present and the condition of the wound. Dressing should be changed every 7 days depending on wear time.