Adcal-D3 Chewable Tablets Fruit Flavoured
Adcal-D3 is a dietary supplement containing calcium and vitamin D3 for those needing to increase their calcium and vitamin D levels, for example those with osteoporosis, osteomalacia (softening of the bone), or vitamin D and calcium deficiency. It can also be advised during pregnancy
Calcium supplements may be recommended at stages in your life when your calcium requirement increases, e.g. during pregnancy, while breastfeeding or with advancing age (after the menopause in women), to prevent calcium deficiency. A calcium intake that is twice the recommended daily allowance (RDA) may slow the rate of bone loss and reduce the risk of fractures.
Adcal-D3 also contains Vitamin D3. Vitamin D is needed for calcium to be absorbed from the gut - a deficiency can lead to low calcium levels, even if you are getting enough calcium from your diet, which can subsequently lead to a weakening of the bones. Vitamin D3 is primarily obtained from sunlight on the skin, so a supplement is especially useful for those are housebound and the elderly who have reduced mobility.
To be taken orally.
Adults and Elderly and children above 12 years of age: 2 chewable tablets per day, preferably one tablet each morning and evening. Can be taken with or without food.
Children: Not recommended for children under 12 years.
Active ingredients: Calcium carbonate 1500mg (equivalent to 600mg of elemental calcium) and Colecalciferol 400iu (equivalent to 10�g vitamin D3).
Also contains: xylitol, modified maize starch, sodium saccharin, magnesium stearate, DL-a-tocopherol, edible fats, gelatin, soya oil, sucrose and corn starch. 'Tutti-Frutti' flavour (contains propylene glycol).
Do not use:
- In children under 12 years of age.
- If you have a high level of calcium in your blood (hypercalcaemia), for example as a result of bone marrow cancer, cancer that has spread to the bones, sarcoidosis or overactivity of the parathyroid glands (hyperparathyroidism).
- If you have very high levels of calcium in their urine (hypercalciuria).
- If you have vitamin D poisoning.
- If you are to peanuts or soya (contain soya oil).
- If you have a rare hereditary problem of fructose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption or sucrase-isomaltase insufficiency (contains sucrose)
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients