Adcal-D3 Dissolve Effervescent Tablets
Adcal-D3 Dissolve contains calcium and vitamin D3, both of which are essential for healthy bones and teeth. Adcal-D3 Dissolve provides extra calcium and vitamin D3 to your diet, and is therefore used in conditions where your body's calcium and vitamin D levels need to be increased, for example those with osteoporosis, osteomalacia (softening of the bone), or vitamin D and calcium deficiency. It can also be advised during pregnancy
Studies show that taking calcium and vitamin D3 over a long time can prevent hip and other non vertebral bone fractures in later life.
Dissolve one tablet in a glass of water (approximately 200ml) and drink immediately, do not chew or swallow the tablets whole.
Adults, elderly and children over 12 years of age: 2 tablets daily, ideally one taken in the morning and one tablet in the evening.
Children under 12: Do not give to children under 12 years.
Each tablet contains 1500 mg calcium carbonate (equivalent to 600 mg calcium) and 400 iu vitamin D3 (equivalent to 10 �g of colecalciferol). It also contains citric acid anhydrous, malic acid, sodium hydrogen carbonate (E500), sodium cyclamate (E953), lemon flavour (BSL Code 119: containing lemon oil, lime flavouring, sorbitol (E420), mannitol (E421), gluconolactone, maltodextrin, and acacia), sodium carbonate anhydrous (E500), maltodextrin, and saccharin sodium (E954). The dry vitamin D3 type 100 CWS contains a-tocopherol, hydrogenated soyabean oil, gelatin, sucrose and maize starch.
Tel your doctor or pharmacist if you:
- Have high levels of calcium in your blood (hypercalcaemia) or high levels of calcium in your urine (hypercalciuria). If you are unsure your doctor wil advise you.
- Have problems with your kidneys, for example kidney stones.
- Have sarcoidosis (inflammation that produces lumps of cells in various organs in the body). If you are unsure your doctor wil advise you.
- Have previously been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars.
- Are taking any other medication, even those you may have bought for yourself without prescription.
In pregnancy or when breast feeding, Adcal-D3 Dissolve should only be used under medical supervision. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine.