Allevyn Adhesive Classic Dressings
There are many times when best patient care demands a combination of virtues in the same dressing: high absorbency, conformability, secure self-adhesion as well as waterproof and bacteria-proof performance.
ALLEVYN Adhesive, with its unique triple layer formation, has been designed to achieve this combination to ensure optimal fluid handling to support moist wound healing.
ALLEVYN Adhesive is an economically-efficient dressing specifically designed to manage chronic or acute exuding wounds.
- The unique triple action technology helps to maintain an optimal balance in fluid creating a moist wound environment for healing
- The low allergy adhesive helps to keep the dressing securely in place without adhering to the wound
- The highly breathable top film helps to minimise the risk of maceration to the wound and peri-wound
- Provides an effective barrier function to exogenous bacteria as well as helping to prevent fluid and bacterial strikethrough
- Easy to apply and remove
- Conforms to body contours and is very comfortable for patients
- Available in a wide range of sizes which can be cut to fit awkward areas such as elbows and heels
- Sacral sizes available which combine the same high-absorbency and secure self-adhesion in an anatomically-shaped dressing.
ALLEYVN Adhesive dressings are indicated for use on:
- Shallow, granulating wounds
- Chronic and acute exudative wounds
- Full and partial thickness wounds such as pressure ulcers, leg ulcers and diabetic foot ulcers
- Infected wounds
- Malignant wounds
- Surgical wounds
- First and second degree burns
- Donor sites
- Fungating wounds
ALLEVYN Adhesive consists of a highly absorbent hydrocellular foam pad held between an adhesive perforated wound contact layer and a highly permeable outer top film
1. Breathable Top Film
The outer polyurethane top film switches to become more breathable in the presence of exudate.
It also helps to prevent strikethrough and provides an effective barrier to bacteria and minimises the risk of cross contamination.
2. Highly Absorbent Foam Core
The hydrocellular foam core is highly absorbent, providing absorption capacity for up to 7 days.3. Non-Adherent Wound Contact Layer
The wound contact layer has a low allergy based adhesive, which adheres well to intact skin, will not stick to the wound and has a proven low risk of skin irritation.
The unique triple layer technology effectively manages exudate helping to ensure that the wound is kept at optimum moisture levels to support moist wound healing. It does this by:
- Transpiring enough fluid to keep the dressing comfortable and conformable.
- Retaining enough fluid to keep a healthily moist wound environment.
- Absorbing enough fluid to remove unwanted exudate and cellular debris.