ALLEVYN AG Adhesive Sacrum Hydrocellular Dressings
ALLEVYN Ag Adhesive Sacrum - Hydrocellular Dressing
ALLEVYN Ag Adhesive Sacrum is indicated for exudate absorption and the management of partial to full thickness wounds. Some typical wounds are:
- Ulcers (venous, arterial, diabetic)
- Pressure Sores
- Donor Sites
- Surgical Incisions
- Surgical Excisions
- Burns (1st and 2nd degree)
Creation and maintenance of a moist wound environment. Moist wound environments have been established as optimal environments for the management of the wound. Provides physical separation between the wound and external environments to assist in preventing bacterial contamination of the wound.
For external use only
- ALLEVYN Ag Adhesive Sacrum is not compatible with oxidizing agents or hydrogen peroxide, as these can break down the absorbent polyurethane component of the dressing
- ALLEVYN Ag Adhesive Sacrum dressings are not intended to provide treatment for infected wounds.
- ALLEVYN Ag Adhesive Sacrum may be used on infected wounds being managed in accordance with institutional clinical protocols for infection abatement as an adjunct to the standard treatment regimen to provide a barrier to bacterial penetration.
- ALLEVYN Ag Adhesive Sacrum may not be compatible with topical anti-microbials
- In common with all adhesive products, some cases of irritation and/or maceration of the skin surrounding the wound may be observed.
- It should be noted that inappropriate use or too frequent dressing changes, particularly on patients with fragile skin may result in skin stripping.
- Avoid contact with electrodes or conductive gels during electronic measurements e.g. EEG and ECG.
When ALLEVYN Ag Adhesive Sacrum is used on a patient during MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) examination some warming may be experienced
- ALLEVYN Ag Adhesive Sacrum is not compatible with oil based products such as petrolatum.
- ALLEVYN Ag Adhesive Sacrum is not suitable for use on cavity wounds but may be used over cavity wounds as a secondary dressing.
- As with all products containing silver sulfadiazine the following precautions should be noted, especially when covering a large surface area with the dressing,
1. Use caution in patients with significant hepatic or renal impairment,
2. Use caution in individuals known to have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency,
3. Effects of systemically administered drugs may be altered. This can especially apply to oral hypoglycaemic agents and to phenytoin. In the case of these drugs, it is recommended that blood levels should be monitored as their effect can be potentiated.
- Optimal exudate management
- Sustained antibacterial activity against a broad spectrum of chronic wound pathogens inc. MRSA
- Easy to use range of dressing sizes and formats with a wear time up to 7 days
- Breathable top film
- Foam core
- Non-adherent wound contact layer
- Profiled edges
- Reduces risk of excess fluid at the wound site, excess wound fluid is transpired away more quickly.
- Promotes rapid wound closure, reduced risk of maceration, less potential for leakage and odor, longer wear-time.
Reduces bacterial load (in-vitro).
- Removes some barriers to healing allowing the host to regain control and progress the wound to closure.
- Product is easy to apply, can be removed in one piece, and is designed in sizes & shapes appropriate for target wound types.
- Adhesive products offer an all-in-one solution -no need for secondary retention.
- Provides a convenient, efficient, cost effective solution for wound management.
- Top film switches to become more breathable in the presence of fluid, therefore it responds, when the clinician needs it most.
- Provides an effective barrier to bacteria penetration.
- Conformable and comfortable.
- Provides absorption capacity for up to 7 days. (ALLEVYN Ag Adhesive Sacrum up to 5 days)
- Prevents healing tissue from growing into the dressing minimizing pain on removal.
- Maintains a moist wound interface.
- Low allergy adhesive.
- Protects from leakage