Aquacel AG+ Extra Silver Hydrofiber Wound Dressing
AQUACEL EXTRA Dressing is the est addition to the AQUACEL family of products.
AQUACEL EXTRA Dressing has the 15 year clinical heritage of the AQUACEL family of dressings
- 17 Randomised Controlled Trials
- 50+ review papers as well as scientific studies
- Demonstrated evidence of progressing wounds toward healing
- Shown to be a cost-reducing adjunct to a protocol of care
AQUACEL EXTRA Dressing is indicated for use in the following wound types:
- Leg ulcers, pressure ulcers (Stage 2-4) and diabetic ulcers.
- Surgical wounds (e.g. post-operative, donor sites, dermatological)
- Partial thickness second degree burns.
- Surgical wounds that heal by primary intent, such as dermatological and surgical incisions (e.g. orthopedic and vascular)
- Traumatic wounds
- Wounds that are prone to bleeding such as wounds that have been mechanically or surgically debrided and donor sites
- Painful wounds
AQUACEL EXTRA Dressing provides added strength and absorption compared to AQUACEL Dressing, for when greater efficiencies are desired.
- EXTRA Absorbency: AQUACEL EXTRA Dressing is 39% more absorbent than standard AQUACEL Dressing.
- Manage high exuding wounds and realise dressing efficiencies in moderately exuding wounds and post acute settings.
- EXTRA Strength: AQUACEL EXTRA Dressing wet tensile strength is 9 times stronger than standard AQUACEL Dressing.
- Helps facilitate one piece easy removal
- May increase patient comfort during dressing changes
AQUACEL EXTRA Dressing contraindications
- AQUACEL EXTRA Dressing should not be used on individuals who are sensitive to or who have had an allergic reaction to the dressing or its components
Please note: This product does not contain latex.
Please see package insert for complete instructions for use.