Bactigras is a medicated paraffin gauze dressing (Tulle Gras).
- Soft paraffin base
- Sterile leno weave presentation
- Contains Chlorhexidine acetate 0.5%, an antiseptic with a broad spectrum
- Soothes and protects the wound and allows free passage of viscous exudate
- Bactigras is soothing and low-adherent and allows the wound to drain freely into an absorbent secondary dressing.
- Maintains shape, resists fraying: Bactigras is a sterile paraffin Tulle Gras dressing made from open weave gauze. The gauze has interlocking threads which minimise fraying when the dressing is cut to shape.
- Reduces risk of infection: The antiseptic efficacy of Bactigras is unaffected by serum and blood. Demonstrated to be effective in-vitro and in-vivo against MRSA. Reduces the risk of colonisation. Proven antiseptically active against a wide range of Gram positive and Gram negative organisms.
Indications - Bactigras is intended for use as a wound contact layer for wounds such as:
- Minor burns and scalds
- Lacerations, abrasions and other skin loss wounds
- Donor and recipient graft sites
- Leg ulcers, where the wound is no more than 10% of the body area, where there is a risk of infection, or on already infected wounds in conjunction with systemic antibiotics.
Contraindications / Precautions
- Bactigras should not be used on more than 10% of the body area.
- Dermatitis, contact sensitivity or photosensitivity may rarely occur. Anaphylactic reaction to chlorhexidine has been reported, but is rare.
- Avoid contact with eyes, the middle ear, meninges and brain.
- Bactigras is incompatible with soaps, other anionic materials, as well as potassium iodide.
- The use of Bactigras with oxidising wound cleaning agents should be avoided
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £40