Canesten Bifonazole Once Daily CreamCanesten Bifonazole Once Daily 1% w/w Cream is an effective treatment for athlete's foot that provides relief from itching and redness and eliminates the infection completely within 2-3 weeks. The active ingredient is bifonazole, an antifungal agent that penetrates deep into the skin to work against the fungi known to cause athlete's foot.
- Before applying the cream, your feet should be washed and dried thoroughly, especially between the toes.
- The cream should be applied thinly and evenly to the affected areas once daily, preferably at night before going to bed, and rubbed in gently.
- Treatment should be continued for 2-3 weeks.
- It may help to use an antifungal dusting powder as well. Ask your doctor or pharmacist to recommend one.
- The symptoms of athlete's foot, such as itching or soreness, should improve within a few days of treatment although signs such as redness and scaling may take longer to disappear.
If symptoms do not improve within 7 days, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
- Active Ingredient: Bifonazole 1% w/w.
- Other Ingredients: Sorbitan stearate, polysorbate 60, cetyl palmitate, cetostearyl alcohol, 2-octyldodecanol, benzyl alcohol and purified water.
- If you are unsure whether you have athlete's foot, seek the advice of your doctor or pharmacist before using Canesten Bifonazole Once Daily 1% w/w Cream
- Canesten Bifonazole Once Daily 1% w/w Cream contains cetostearyl alcohol which may cause local skin irritation (e.g. rash, itching or redness).
- Do not use Canesten Bifonazole Once Daily 1% w/w Cream if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, unless on the advice of your doctor.
Do not use Canesten Bifonazole Once Daily 1% w/w Cream:
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to bifonazole or any of the other ingredients.
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to any antifungal product.
- To treat nappy rash. If your baby has nappy rash, seek your doctor’s advice for a suitable treatment.
- To treat nail and scalp infections.
- To treat vaginal infections.