Canesten Thrush Duo Oral Capsule & External Cream
Please ensure all the warnings stated below are read thoroughly before purchase
Canesten Thrush Duo Oral Capsule & External Cream is a complete and convenient treatment for vaginal or penile thrush, containing a single dose treatment to clear the infection and a cream to provide fast, effective relief from the external symptoms.
Both products contain antifungal agents to fight the cause of infections such as thrush:
- Canesten Oral Capsule: contains fluconazole 150mg.
- Canesten Thrush Cream: contains clotrimazole 2%.
Canesten Thrush Duo Oral Capsule & External Cream should only be used if you have been previously diagnosed by your doctor as having thrush.
Canesten Oral Capsule: Swallow whole with a glass of water (with or without food).
Canesten Thrush Cream: Apply thinly and evenly to the area around the entrance of the vagina, 2 or 3 times a day and smooth in gently. It should be used until symptoms of the infections disappear.
The symptoms of thrush should disappear within two days of treatment. If no improvement is seen after seven days, you must tell your doctor. If the infection returns after seven days another capsule may be taken but if you have more than two infections within six months you should see your doctor.
Some women suffer from recurrent attacks of thrush. To reduce the frequency of these attacks, the sexual partner's penis can be treated with this cream to prevent re-infection, even if they have no symptoms of thrush. If your sexual partner is treated with this cream, the cream should be applied to the end of the penis 2 or 3 times a day for up to two weeks.
Canesten Oral Capsule
Active Ingredient: Fluconazole 150mg.
Other Ingredients: Colloidal Silicon Dioxide, Lactose Monohydrate, Magnesium Stearate, Maize Starch and Sodium Lauryl Sulphate. The capsule shell contains Brilliant Blue FCF (E133), Titanium Dioxide (E171) and Gelatine. The printing ink contains Shellac, Black Iron Oxide (E172) and Propylene Glycol.
Canesten Thrush Cream
Active Ingredient: Clotrimazole 2% w/w.
Other Ingredients:Benzyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Cetostearyl Alcohol, Octyldodecanol and Purified Water.
- The capsule contains lactose monohydrate, so if you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars contact your doctor before taking this medicinal product.
- The cream contains cetostearyl alcohol which may cause local skin irritation (e.g. rash, itching or redness).
- As with other creams, this product may reduce the effectiveness of rubber contraceptives, such as condoms or diaphragms. Consequently, you should use alternative precautions for at least five days after using this product.
- Canesten Oral Capsule may cause dizziness. If dizziness occurs after taking your capsule, you should not drive or use machines.
Do not use Canesten Thrush Duo Oral Capsule & External Cream:
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to fluconazole, clotrimazole or any of the other ingredients, including cetostearyl alcohol.
- If you are taking the antihistamine terfenadine, the medicine cisapride or an ergot-derivative (e.g. ergotamine used for migraine).
- If you are pregnant, trying for a baby or breastfeeding.
Before using Canesten Thrush Duo Oral Capsule & External Cream, you should see your doctor if:
- You are unsure whether you have thrush or this is the first time you have had these symptoms.
- You have had more than two infections of thrush in the last six months.
- You or your partner have ever had a sexually transmitted disease.
- You are aged under 16 or over 60.
- You have ever had an allergic reaction to fluconazole, clotrimazole or any other vaginal antifungal products.
- You have had any disease or illness affecting the liver or kidneys, or have had any unexplained jaundice.
- You have heart problems, including heart rhythm problems.
- You suffer from any other chronic disease or illness.
Women: If you have any of the following symptoms do not use Canesten Thrush Duo Oral Capsule & External Cream and see your doctor as soon as possible:
- Irregular vaginal bleeding.
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding or a blood-stained discharge.
- Ulcers, blisters or sores of the vagina or vulva.
- Lower abdominal pain.
- Pain or difficulty in passing urine.
- Fever or chills.
- Feeling sick or vomiting.
- A foul smelling discharge from the vagina.
Men: Do not use Canesten Thrush Duo Oral Capsule & External Cream without talking to your doctor first if:
- Your sexual partner does not have thrush.
- You have sores, ulcers or blisters on your penis.
- You have an abnormal discharge from your penis.
- Your penis has started to smell.
- You have pain or difficulty in passing urine.