Duoderm Extra Thin Spots
Designed to reduce the risk of further skin breakdown due to friction.
- DuoDERM Extra Thin Dressing can be used as a primary hydrocolloid dressing for dry to lightly exuding wounds.
- It can be used as a secondary dressing to secure an AQUACEL Dressing or an AQUACEL Ag Dressing.
- The European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel (EPUAP) and The National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel (NPUAP) guidelines recommend the usage of hydrocolloids for the management of pressure ulcers.
- DuoDERM Extra Thin Dressing can be used to manage stage I and stage II pressure ulcers.
- A thin polyurethane film provides a bacterial and viral barrier when the dressing remains intact and without leakage.
- The film provides a waterproof barrier over the dressing.
- The dressing can be removed without damaging ly formed tissue.
- It is designed to reduce the risk of further skin breakdown due to friction by preventing contact with clothes/bed linen.
- It can be used on the body as a primary or secondary dressing.
- It can be used on skin tears and superficial wounds, dry to lightly exuding wounds, ly-formed tissue or skin at risk of further breakdown.
Ease of Application:
- The translucent backing enhances dressing placement and initial monitoring of the wound.
- The dressings are easy to use, mold and can be cut to shape to dress awkward areas.
- Wash your hands, cleanse and rinse the wound and then dry the surrounding skin.
- Measure the wound to select the appropriate dressing size, allowing a 3.0cm (1 -inch) overlap on intact skin around the whole wound.
- Warm the dressing between your hands.
- Remove the "top" white release paper, being careful to minimize finger contact with the adhesive surface.
- Hold the adhesive side of the dressing over the wound.
- Align the dressing with the center of the wound.
- Gently apply the center part of the dressing.
- Remove the "bottom" white release paper while rolling the dressing in place - but don't stretch it.
- Repeat the above procedure on the other side and remove the clear release paper.
- Gently mold the dressing into place for 30-60 seconds.
- Gently lift one corner of the dressing.
- Roll it away from the wound while holding the skin away.
- Gently lift the other corners and pull upwards until the dressing completely peels off.
The use of DuoDERM Extra Thin neither guarantees nor warranties against HIV transmission.