DescriptionA liquid consisting of peptides (whey protein hydrolysate), carbohydrate, fat (MCT, safflower oil, rapeseed oil), vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
- Survimed OPD is a nutritionally complete, peptide based liquid sip feed. Rich in MCT.
- Survimed OPD is ready to use and presented in a 200ml bottle in vanilla flavour.
- It is also available in a 500ml EasyBag tube feed.
- Gluten free and lactose free.
- Survimed OPD is a Food for Special Medical Purposes.
- Not for parenteral use.
- Not suitable where enteral nutrition is not permitted.
- Not suitable for infants under one year of age.
- Should only be used under medical supervision.
- Use with caution for children under 5 years of age.
Indications for use
- Survimed OPD is intended for the dietary management of patients with malabsorption.
- Survimed OPD is prescribable on FP10 for the following indications: short bowel syndrome, intractable malabsorption, pre-operative preparation of patients who are undernourished, patients with proven inflammatory bowel disease, following total gastrectomy, bowel fistulae, dysphagia, disease related malnutrition.
Dosage should be calculated by a clinician or dietitian according to individual requirements. As a guide:
For supplementary nutrition:
For complete nutrition:
1500ml provides 1500kcal and 67.5g protein and meets the average adult recommended daily requirements for vitamins, minerals and trace-elements#.
(#Dietary reference values for food, energy and nutrients for the United Kingdom, males aged 19-50 years, DH 1991).
- Store in a cool place, do not store above 25°C.
- Once opened, can be stored for up to 24 hours in a refrigerator.
- 12 months from date of manufacture.