A flavoured liquid consisting of protein (milk), carbohydrate (maltodextrin and sucrose), vegetable oils (soya, MCT, sunflower and linseed oils), minerals, vitamins and trace elements.
- Not for parenteral use.
- Not suitable where enteral nutritions is not permitted.
- Not suitable for infants under one year of age.
- Should only be used under medical supervision.
- Use with caution in children under 5 years of age.
Indications for use
- Fresubin® energy drink is suitable as a nutritional supplement or as a sole source of nutrition for patients at risk of malnutrition.
- Fresubin® energy drink is prescribable on FP10/GP10 for the following indications: short bowel syndrome, intractable malabsorption, pre-operative preparation of patients who are undernourished, patients with proven inflammatory bowel disease, following total gastrectomy, dysphagia, bowel fistulae, disease related malnutrition.
Dosage should be calculated by a clinician or dietitian according to individual requirements. As a guide:
For supplementary nutrition:
3 x 200ml bottles per day will provide 900kcal, 34g protein and contains the average adult daily requirements for vitamins and trace elements.
For complete nutrition:
7 x 200ml bottles per day will provide 2100kcal and 79g protein.
When prescribed in the community the maximum dosage should not exceed 7 x 200ml bottles (79g protein) per day.
- Store in a cool place, do not store above 25°C.
- Once opened, can be stored for up to 24 hours in a refrigerator.