Fresubin YOcremeFresubin YOcreme is a high protein high energy yoghurt style nutritional supplement.
- Presented in a 125g pot.
- Available in 5 flavours Neutral, Lemon, Apricot-peach, Raspberry and Biscuit.
- Not for parenteral use.
- Not suitable where enteral nutrition is not permitted.
- Not suitable for infants under three years of age.
- Should only be used under medical supervision.
- Use with caution in children under 5 years.
Indications for useStandard ACBS indications: short bowel syndrome, intractable malabsorption, pre-operative preparation of patients who are undernourished, patients with proven inflammatory bowel disease, following total gastrectomy, bowel fistulae, disease-related malnutrition, dysphagia, continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD) and haemodialysis.
Dosage should be calculated by a clinician or dietitian according to individual requirements. As a guide:
For supplementary nutrition:
4 x 125g pots per day will provide 37.5g protein, 750kcal and meet the average adult recommended daily requirements for vitamins and trace elements# (Dietary Reference Values for Food Energy and Nutrients for the United Kingdom, DH 1991).
(# except magnesium provides 90mg per 500g, and selenium, provides 70g per 500g).
- Store in a cool place, do not store above 25°C.
- Once opened, can be stored for up to 24 hours in a refrigerator.
- Fresubin YOcreme is available in a pack of 4 x 125g pots.