KeloCote Silicone Gel Scar Treatment Reduction Prevention Hypertrophic
Silicone is the clinical gold standard for scar treatment and scar prevention having demonstrated clinical efficacy over all other forms of topical treatments and is recommended by the ?International Advisory Panel on Scar Management? as the first line therapy in the treatment of:
- Kelocote Advanced formula scar gel 15 g
- Recommended by Dermatologists and Plastic Surgeons, used by the NHS
- Kelocote helps treat, reduce, prevent and soften scars, both old and .
- Kelocote is a patented topical silicone gel for the management and prevention of abnormal scars in the form of hypertrophic scars and keloids
- Kelocote is the most effective scar treatment product on the market today and is the most cost effective. A very thin layer is applied, which means that it is the best value product currently sold for scars.
- Linear Hypertrophic Scars
- Widespread Burn Hypertrophic Scars
Kelo-cote has also been successfully used to manage scars resulting from trauma, burns and surgery.
- Self dries to an invisible, breathable sheet with 4-5 minutes
- Provides elastic protection
- Transparent & odourless silicone gel
- Twice daily application
- Reduces scar associated pain, itching and discolouration
- Used on old and scars
- Cosmetics or sunblock can be used once the gel has dried.
- Kelo-cote is used to prevent, reduce, help and treat keloid and hypertrophic scars resulting from general or cosmetic surgery scars, injury or burns, acne scars, and pregnancy stretch marks scars.
- For best results apply Kelo-cote twice daily (morning and evening) on clean dry skin for a duration of 60-90 days. Larger and older scars may take longer and continued use is recommended if improvement is still seen after the initial 90 days.
- Once dry, Kelo-cote can be covered with pressure garments, sun block or cosmetics.
- Kelo-cote must not be used on broken skin.
Post laser/ chemical peel:
Kelo-cote has become the treatment of choice for post laser use and is especially effective in the reduction and elimination of erythema (redness) associated with dermatological laser procedures and chemical peels.
Kelo-cote has been used effectively for the treatment of scars resulting from acne and chickenpox. However, Kelo-cote is not indicated for the use on active acne.
You can start to apply Kelo-cote after the any stitches have been removed and the wound is no longer bleeding.
If an infection is present, have it treated prior to beginning your Kelo-cote treatment. Do not apply any other product underneath Kelo-cote. Applying medications on top of Kelo-cote will have no effect because, by design, it will not be able to pass through the Kelo-cote membrane.
Polysiloxanes, Silicon Dioxide
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £40