KeloCote Silicone Spray Scar Treatment Reduction Prevention
Kelocote Advanced formula scar Spray 100mls - has been developed especially for the treatment of larger and difficult to reach scars.
Recommended by Dermatologists and Plastic Surgeons, used by the NHS
Kelocote Spray was specifically developed for the treatment and prevention of painful, sensitive and widespread scars. Its unique delivery system allows Kelocote Spray, a lightweight, self-drying silicone gel, to be applied without rubbing or touching.
Silicone is the clinical gold standard for scar treatment and scar prevention having demonstrated clinical efficacy over all other forms of topical treatments and is recommended by the ?International Advisory Panel on Scar Management? as the first line therapy in the treatment of:
- Linear Hypertrophic Scars
- Widespread Burn Hypertrophic Scars
Kelo-cote has also been successfully used to manage scars resulting from trauma, burns and surgery.
- Self dries to an invisible, breathable sheet with 4-5 minutes
- Provides elastic protection
- Transparent & odourless
- Twice daily application
- Reduces scar associated pain, itching and discolouration
- Cosmetics or sunblock can be used once the gel has dried.
- Kelo-cote is used to prevent, reduce, help and treat keloid and hypertrophic scars resulting from general or cosmetic surgery scars, injury or burns, acne scars, and pregnancy stretch marks scars.
- For best results apply Kelo-cote twice daily (morning and evening) on clean dry skin for a duration of 60-90 days. Larger and older scars may take longer and continued use is recommended if improvement is still seen after the initial 90 days.
- Once dry, Kelo-cote can be covered with pressure garments, sun block or cosmetics.
- Kelo-cote must not be used on broken skin.
Post laser/ chemical peel:
Kelo-cote has become the treatment of choice for post laser use and is especially effective in the reduction and elimination of erythema (redness) associated with dermatological laser procedures and chemical peels.
Kelo-cote has been used effectively for the treatment of scars resulting from acne and chickenpox. However, Kelo-cote is not indicated for the use on active acne.
You can start to apply Kelo-cote after the any stitches have been removed and the wound is no longer bleeding.
If an infection is present, have it treated prior to beginning your Kelo-cote treatment. Do not apply any other product underneath Kelo-cote. Applying medications on top of Kelo-cote will have no effect because, by design, it will not be able to pass through the Kelo-cote membrane.
Polysiloxane, Silicon Dioxide.
Free standard UK Delivery on all orders over £40