Mepilex Border Soft Silicone Absorbent Adhesive Dressings
Mepilex Border is an all-in-one foam dressing proven to minimise patient pain and trauma to the wound and surrounding skin. It has been designed to create an optimal healing environment for moderate to high exuding wounds such as pressure ulcers, leg and foot ulcers, traumatic wounds, and other secondary healing wounds.
Mepilex Border effectively absorbs and retains exudate and maintains a moist wound environment. The Safetac layer seals the wound edges, preventing the exudate from leaking onto the surrounding skin which minimises the risk for maceration. The Safetac layer ensures that the dressing can be changed without damaging the wound or surrounding skin or exposing the patient to additional pain.
Mepilex Border is proven to help prevent pressure ulcers when used in addition with the standard pressure ulcers prevention protocols.
Safetac technology minimises pain and trauma at dressing changes
- All-in-one dressing for chronic wounds such as pressure ulcers
- Helps to prevent pressure ulcers
- Offers a combination of excellent fluid handling capacity and retention for effective exudate management with less risk of maceration
When to use Mepilex Border?
Mepilex Border is an all-in-one foam dressing, designed for a wide range of exuding chronic and acute wounds as well as secondary healing wounds. The soft, conformable dressing maintains a moist wound environment, and effectively absorbs and retains exudates, which gives the wound an optimal environment to healing. A wide range of sizes makes Mepilex Border the solution for small to large wounds- even those located on challenging areas of the body.
Mepilex Border can also be used as part of a prophylactic regimen to help prevent skin damage such as pressure ulcers.
Mepilex Border has been demonstrated to act on four extrinsic factors that can contribute to the development of pressure ulcers: to redistribute shear, redistribute pressure, reduce friction, and to maintain an optimal microclimate. Mepilex Border can be repositioned after skin assessment.
Use Mepilex Border:
- For optimal exudate management, excellent fluid handling capacity and excellent retention of fluids
- For chronic wounds like pressure ulcers and diabetic foot ulcers
- To prevent pressure ulcers development
- To maintain a moist wound environment