Mepitel Transparent Film Dressings
Mepitel Film provides a flexible, transparent covering to protect the skin or wound from microbe contamination, fluid strike through and from other external contamination while conforming to surface irregularities and body contours. Mepitel Film maintains a moist environment even though the vapour permeability allows excess moisture pass away from the skin. By the Safetac layer Mepitel Film provides instant tack adhesion that minimizes the requirement of extra pressure to fixate well. The Safetac layer also ensures atraumatic dressing changes. The product does not leave residues and the adhesion level does not increase over time.
- Mepitel Film is a gentle, transparent breathable film dressing for skin protection. It can be used alone or in connection with other products
- Mepitel Film minimises pain and trauma at dressing changes
- Mepitel Film’s application system is designed for ease-of-use
- Minimises pain and trauma at dressing changes
- Limits the risk for damage of ly formed tissue
- Transparent for easy inspection
- Conforms well to body contours, promoting patient comfort during wear
- Bacteria and viral barrier where microbes larger than 25nm
- Low potential for skin irritation and allergy
- Leaves no residues
- Fluid impermeable
- Shower proof
Areas of use:
Mepitel Film is designed for a wide range of superficial wounds such as pressure ulcers category 1 and 2, superficial skin injuries and superficial burns. Mepitel Film protects fragile and sensitive skin. Mepitel Film can also be used as a protective cover for open surgical wound e.g abdomen, fixate primary dressing as a secondary dressing and be used in combination with gels and ointments. Fixation tapes and devices can be fixated on top of the Mepitel Film product, the Mepitel Film is than used as a protective Landing Zone for the fixation tape.