Monogen can be recommended for use in infants as a sole source of nutrition or as a supplementary feed for children for the dietary management of the following conditions:
1. Hyperlipoproteinaemia type 1.
2. Long chain fatty acid oxidation defects (LCFAODs).
3. Intestinal lymphangectasia.
4. Chylothorax (some patients may require lower long chain fat).
5. Intractable malabsorption with steatorrhoea.
The level of essential fatty acids in Monogen is designed to meet minimum requirements due to the varying severity of presentation of LCFAODs where there can be minimal tolerance of LCT. Patients should have their essential fatty acid status monitored and supplemented if tolerated.
Use under medical supervision. Not for parenteral use. Not suitable for use as a sole source of nutrition, unless indicated in the product description. Flavouring is not recommended for infants less than six months.