Nurofen Long Lasting Pain Relief/Sustained Release Capsules
Maximum of 2 Packs Per Order
Nurofen 300mg Sustained Release Capsules provide long-lasting relief from backache, rheumatic pain and muscular pain. They've been specifically designed to release the active ingredient throughout the day at the source of your pain for effective 12 hour relief.
The active ingredient is ibuprofen, that provides relief by changing the body's response to pain, swelling and high temperature.
DirectionsThis product is for short term use only. You should take the lowest dose for the shortest time necessary to relieve your symptoms.
Adults, the elderly and children over 12 years: Take 1 or 2 capsules with water, up to twice a day as required. Do not chew or suck the capsules. Leave at least 8 hours between doses. Do not take more than 4 capsules in any 24 hour period.
Children under 12 years: Do not give.
You should not take this product for longer than 10 days unless your doctor tells you to. If symptoms persist or worsen, or if any symptoms occur, consult your doctor.
- Active Ingredient: Ibuprofen 300mg.
- Other Ingredients: Sucrose and Maize Starch Microgranules, Polymers of Methacrylic Acid Esters, Povidone, Polymers of Acrylic and Methacrylic Acid Esters, Talc, Colloidal Silica, Gelatine and Iron Oxide Ink (E172).
CautionsIf you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicinal product.
Do not take Nurofen Long Lasting 300mg Sustained Release Capsules if you:
- Are allergic to or have had an allergic reaction to ibuprofen or any other ingredient of the product or to aspirin or other related painkillers.
- Have ever had a stomach ulcer, perforation or bleeding.
- Have had a worsening of asthma, skin rash, itchy runny nose or facial swelling when previously taking ibuprofen, aspirin or similar medicines.
- Have had gastrointestinal bleeding or perforation when previously taking NSAIDs (Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs).
- Are taking other NSAID painkillers, or aspirin with a daily dose above 75mg.
- Have severe liver or kidney problems.
- Have heart problems, high blood pressure or blood coagulation disorder.
- Have breathing difficulties.
- Are in the last 3 months of pregnancy.
- Are under 12 years of age.
Avoid taking Nurofen Long Lasting 300mg Sustained Release Capsules with corticosteroid tablets, quinoline antibiotics or drugs that are prescribed:
- To thin your blood or prevent clotting (e.g. warfarin).
- To stimulate your heart (e.g. glycosides) or treat high blood pressure.
- To help you pass water (diuretics).
- For the temporary suspension of your immune system (e.g. methotrexate, ciclosporine, tacrolimus).
- For mania or depression (e.g. lithium or SSRIs).
- For pregnancy termination (e.g. mifepristone).
- For HIV treatment (e.g. zidovudine.
Speak to your pharmacist or doctor before taking ibuprofen with other medicines.
Take special care and talk to a pharmacist or your doctor before taking Nurofen 300mg Sustained Release Capsules if you:
- Have or have had asthma.
- Have kidney, heart, liver or bowel problems.
- Have high cholesterol or previously have had a heart attack or stroke.
- Have a history of gastrointestinal disease (such as ulcerative colitis, Chron's disease)
- Have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus ( a condition of the immune system causing joint pain, skin changes and other organ disorders).
- Are a smoker.
- Are in the first 6 months of pregnancy.
- Are breastfeeding.