Sebco Coconut Oil Ointment
Sebco is an ointment used in the management of scaly scalp conditions such as dandruff, seborrhoeic dermatitis, and psoriasis.
It contains coal tar solution, sulphur and salcylic acid in a coconut oil base, which helps to soften and remove the scale when used regularly.
Sebco is based on an ointment called ‘unguentum cocois co’ which has been used by dermatologists and doctors for over 70 years and is still popular today.
Apply the ointment as instructed in the patient information leaflet and leave in contact with the scalp for at least one hour (some physicians will instruct that this is left in overnight). The ointment should be removed after this time by shampooing with a mild shampoo.
Directions for use:
- Do not use if membrane is already perforated.
- Apply to affected areas of your scalp and rinse after one hour using warm water and shampoo.
- Repeat this process daily for three to seven days or as directed by your doctor.
- Sebco should be used daily for up to seven days initially to bring the condition under control and then once or twice a week as required to maintain the condition.
- If rash or irritation occurs discontinue use. Discard the tube no later than four weeks.
- Store between 10' and 25'c.
- Replace cap and wash hands immediately after use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- For EXTERNAL use only.
Always read the enclosed leaflet
Coal tar solution 12% w/w, salicylic acid 2% w/w and sulphur for external use 4% w/w. Also contains: cocnut oil, white soft paraffin, glycerol, cetostearyl alcohol, liquid paraffin, polyoxeyethylene glycerol monostearate, hard parffin.