Secura No-Sting Barrier Film Spray - Incontinence Trauma Friction
Secura No-Sting Barrier Film is a liquid film forming skin protectant that minimises stinging1. On application to intact or damaged skin, it forms a protective interface that helps protect intact and damaged skin from irritation due to2,3
- Urinary and faecal incontinence
- Bodily fluids
- Adhesive trauma
- Frictional forces
Features and Benefits:
- Available in a choice of 3 sterile formats; spray, swabs and wipes.
- Non irritating6,7 and alcohol free formulation which reduces the potential for stinging.
- Fast drying time of under 30 seconds.6,7
- Effective waterproof7,8 and breathable barrier for up to 96 hours (4 days)2
- The unique polymer formulation means only one coat is needed to form a protective film.
- Once applied the film is clear providing constant visibility of the skin and periwound area.
- Applies easily, even on areas such as elbows, knees, and heels. Moves naturally with patients' skin and won't crack or peel.
- Secura No-Sting Barrier Film forms a protective, waterproof barrier which acts as a protective interface between the skin and bodily wastes, fluids, adhesive dressings, drainage tubes, external catheters and around ostomy sites.
- Secura No-Sting Barrier Film can also be used to help protect areas of the body that are as risk of irritation due to friction damage caused by external surfaces.
- Secura No-Sting Barrier Film may be used on intact or damaged skin. The product may be used on adults, children and full term infants from one month, with normal skin.
Contraindications / Precautions:
- For external use only.
- Keep out of the reach of children. Avoid contact with eyes. In the case of accidental contact, flush eyes well with water. Do not apply directly to open wounds or in deep puncture wounds. Should redness or other signs of irritation appear, discontinue use. Do not apply to infected areas of the skin. Do not use on patients with a known allergy to any of the ingredients.
Instructions for use:
Skin should be clean and dry prior to application of Secura No Sting Barrier Film.
Apply a uniform coating over entire area you wish to protect, i.e. around stoma, under dressing, catheter site, etc. If using the spray hold the nozzle 10 ? 15cm from the skin and move the spray in a sweeping motion.
Secura No Sting Barrier Film will dry in approximately 30 seconds. If you miss an area that you intended to cover, wait until the original area of application has dried, then reapply to the missed area.
For maximum protection, an optional second coating may be applied and allowed to dry before covering area with dressing or other adhesive product.
If Secura NoStingBarrier Film is applied to an area with skin folds or other skin to skin contact, make sure that skin contact areas are separated to allow the coating to thoroughly dry before returning to normal position.
When used under adhesive products, reapplication is necessary each time the product is changed; as the film can be removed by the adhesive. Ensure that SECURA NoStingBarrier Film is dry before application of adhesive products.
When used as a protectant against bodily fluids, faeces, or urine etc, and noadhesive products are applied to the skin: (a) Reapplication of SECURA NoStingBarrier Film is recommended every 24 ? 96 hours depending upon the frequency of cleansing; (b) In extreme cases with more frequent cleansing, more frequent applications may be necessary (i.e. every 12 ? 24 hours)