Sorbalgon Dressings | Calcium Alginate Gel | 999595
Sorbalgon calcium alginate compresses can be used for all external wounds but are particularly suitable for bleeding and secreting wounds as their gel formation promotes wound healing. The soft, fibre-reinforced fabric of Sorbalgon compresses is easy to place and can be used for tamponades, making them also suitable for jagged and deep wounds.
Sorbalgon can absorb and bind germ-contaminated exudate. This leads to fast wound cleaning.
Bandages made from Sorbalgon calcium alginate compresses help to create a favourable wound environment, promoting both granulation and epithelialisation and make it possible to change bandages without irritating ly formed tissue.
Sorbalgon product details:
- Calcium alginate compresses
- Soft, textile calcium alginate fibres
- Blood and wound secretion is transformed into gel-like material upon contact with sodium salts
- Can be draped easily
- Easily adapts to the wound surface
- Highly absorbent (germ-contaminated exudate is absorbed and bound by the fibres)
- Supports wound cleaning
- Prevents the wound from drying out
- Regulates physiological secretion
- Creates a favourable micro environment
- Supports granulation and epithelialisation
- Keeps wound areas supple
- Does not stick to the wound and therefore protects ly formed tissue
- Well tolerated, even during long-term use
Applications of Sorbalgon:
- For external wound care, particularly for bleeding and secreting wounds
- Ulcus cruris venosum
- For accident and tumour surgery wounds that are difficult to dress