Aquacel AG Silver Hydrofiber Wound Dressings
Exudate Management – For moderately to heavily exuding wounds
AQUACEL® Ag Hydrofiber® dressing is Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose with 1.2% ionic silver. It offers the unique gelling properties of Hydrofiber® technology with the power of ionic silver. The dressing fibres of AQUACEL® Ag gel on contact with wound fluid by hydrophilic action. The fibres swell as they lock bacterial exudate away from the wound by vertical wicking, creating a large fluid absorption capacity
AQUACEL® Ag dressing can kill a broad spectrum of wound pathogens in the dressing that can cause infection including MRSA, VRE and Pseudomonas aeruginosa and aids in reducing the wound bioburden
Bacteria and other harmful wound exudate components are locked within the gelled AQUACEL® Ag dressing fibres, where the ionic silver contained within the dressing kills them
- Before applying, carefully cleanse the wound with saline and dry surrounding skin
- Apply directly onto the wound leaving an adequate overlap onto the surrounding skin of at least 1cm.
- When using AQUACEL® Ag dressing ribbon in cavity wounds, loosely pack wound to about 80% capacity
leaving at least 2.5cm outside the wound for easy retrieval
- The AQUACEL® Ag dressing should then be covered with an appropriate secondary wound care dressing.
*AQUACEL® Ag dressing is identical to the AQUACEL® dressing with the addition of ionic silver
AQUACEL® Ag dressing is indicated as a primary dressing for moderately to heavily exuding wounds where there is an infection or an increased risk of infection
- Chronic wounds: leg ulcers, pressure ulcers, diabetic ulcers and fungating lesions
- Acute wounds: post-surgical wounds, abrasions, lacerations and partial thickness burns