Ferrous Sulphate 200mg Iron Tablets
Brand Supplied May Vary
Ferrous Sulphate 200mg Tablets are taken to prevent or treat iron deficiency and work by restoring iron to your body. When the body does not get enough iron, it cannot produce the number of normal red blood cells needed to keep you in good health.
During pregnancy, the need for iron increases. This is due to the mother increasing her production of red blood cells to supply the foetus and placenta.
Elevate your well-being with our Ferrous Sulphate 200mg Tablets, a targeted solution to combat iron deficiency. Specially crafted for those seeking a reliable and effective iron supplement, these tablets are designed to infuse your body with the vitality it craves.
- Precision-Dosed Potency: Each tablet delivers a precisely measured 200mg of Ferrous Sulphate, providing a consistent and reliable iron intake. Say goodbye to uncertainty and embrace the confidence that comes with knowing you're giving your body exactly what it needs.
- Quality You Can Trust: Crafted with meticulous attention to detail, our tablets meet the highest quality standards. They're a testament to our commitment to providing you with a product that not only works but works exceptionally well.
How to take Ferrous Sulphate 200mg Tablets:
- 1 tablet daily.
- Take these tablets with a glass of water.
- You are advised to avoid the following for one to two hours before and after taking this medicine: tea, coffee, milk, eggs and whole grains. This is because these products can reduce the absorption of iron.
- Meat and products containing Vitamin C can increase the absorption of iron; your dietician or doctor may or may not advise you to take these with Ferrous Sulphate Tablets. Always follow their advice.
- If your symptoms do not improve or you feel worse you should consult your doctor. If you forget to take a dose, take one as soon as you remember. Then go on as before.
- DO NOT take two doses at the same time. If you are worried ask your pharmacist or doctor for advice.
- Check the label to see how many tablets to take and how often to take them.
- If you are not sure how to take them ask your pharmacist or doctor. The usual dosage(s) are described below:
- Age group Dosage Adults and the elderly: Treatment: 2-3 tablets daily in divided doses.
Caution before taking Ferrous Sulphate 200mg Tablets:
Make sure it is safe for you to take Ferrous Sulphate Tablets. If you answer yes to any of the following questions, or you are unsure, talk to your pharmacist or doctor.
- Have you ever had an allergic reaction to dried ferrous sulphate or any of the ingredients in the tablet? (An allergic reaction may include a rash, itching or difficulty breathing). This product contains sorbic acid which is an irritant and could cause dermatitis.
- Are you receiving repeated blood transfusions?
- Do you have blood or absorption diseases other than iron-deficiency anaemia?
- Do you have any disorder of iron metabolism?
- Do you have liver disease?
- Do you have intestinal problems?
- Are you taking other medicines, especially ascorbic acid (vitamin C), zinc, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus or aluminium containing medicines (including antacids), other iron containing products including those given by injection, antibiotics? If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicinal product as it contains glucose, sucrose and lactose.
Do not take more tablets than recommended above. If you ever take too many go to the nearest hospital casualty department or tell your doctor immediately. Take the container and any remaining tablets with you to show to the doctor.
This medicine sometimes causes unwanted effects in some people. These effects may include constipation, diarrhoea, stomach upset and pain with feeling sick. Your stools may be coloured black. If you are concerned about any of these effects or get any other unusual effects, tell your doctor or pharmacist immediately. Please do not be worried. Most people taking this medicine will not experience any problems.
Ingredients may vary between brands. Always read the leaftlet before use
Free standard UK Delivery on all orders over £40