UrgoStart® is a soft-adherent foam dressing with TLC (Technology Lipido-Colloid) and healing accelerator (NOSF Nano-OligoSaccharide Factor). It is made of a soft-adherent TLC-NOSF layer (lipido-colloid and healing accelerator particles), combined with an absorbent foam pad and a semi-permeable backing.
UrgoStart is an absorbent hydrocellular lipido-colloid dressing with a micro-adherent TLC-NOSF matrix, an innovative technology developed by Laboratoires Urgo.
Leg ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers and pressure ulcers take an average of 210 days to heal.
UrgoStart is a local treatment that reduces the healing time of these types of wounds by an average of 100 days.
- Soft-adherent TLC–NOSF layer = Effective healing
- Promotes faster healing and improves patients’ quality of life
- Neutralises excess proteases (MMPs)
- Re-establishes wound equilibrium
- With all the benefits of TLC:
- pain-free dressing changes, moist wound-healing, good tolerance, stimulation of fibroblast proliferation
- Clinically proven
- Easy to apply and very conformable
- Greater patient compliance and acceptability
- Absorbent pad
- Absorbs low to moderate levels of exudate
- Can be used under compression
- Semi-permeable backing
- Prevents maceration
- Low to moderately exuding leg ulcers, pressure ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers and recurring wounds
- Minimum duration of treatment 4-5 weeks
- Secure with a retention bandage (K-Band, K-Lite)
- Can be left in place for up to 7 days
- To prevent any risk of delay in appropriate treatment, UrgoStart is contraindicated in cancerous wounds and in fistular wounds demonstrating deep abscess formation.
- Do not use UrgoStart in the event of known sensitivity to the dressing.
Free standard UK Delivery on all orders over £40